Active Topics

Posts: 726 | Thanked: 345 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Sweden
Originally Posted by jacobkorf View Post
good job Joorin! It,s working great now! no crashes anymore.
one thing which can be interesting, the shuffle button doesn,t work anymore.
Also, is there any chance to implement something to do fastforward. for example from 0:00 to 1:15?

keep up te great work!
Try activating shuffle before starting the first song and see if it works better. The problem is that "ordinary playing" is always done in list mode so that the Spotify server starts the next song in the current playlist when the current song is finished. To avoid this, shuffle has to be activated from the start.

Also keep in mind that I do no checking whatsoever of the random number that is generated to pick the next song when shuffle is activated. You might get the same song, or the next song, just as if shuffle hadn't been activated. With a very short playlist, this might look as if shuffle isn't working.

As I've stated earlier, shuffle is not something I use a lot so it's not high on my TODO list.

Fast forward, or seek, is, as far as I know, not part of the despotify API (yet). Seeking forward might be implemented by just reading data and throwing it away until you get to the point you want but if you pay for every byte you download, this might not be interesting. It also limits the seek speed. Going back in time with this kind of "trick" is not possible without saving all data offline.

Thank you for the feedback. I'm glad it works better now.

Posts: 30 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on May 2010 @ @Netherlands
All right, that explains no problem.
I just tried what you said about activating shuffle first, but with no results.
thank you for fast repons! you,re right with the last point, why should i use that when I listening to a playlist?

thanks

Originally Posted by jacobkorf View Post
I just tried what you said about activating shuffle first, but with no results.
Ok, then something has changed. I'll have a look later on.

There is now a Garage page, http://footify.garage.maemo.org/, and I've uploaded the latest .deb file to there too.

I also had a go at uploading the .deb to Extras-devel, but, to be honest, I have no idea if it worked or not. The helper script, dput, failed while performing chmod remotely and I have no idea where one can find logs of what has happened.

But, it might be possible to install footify via Extras-devel now. If someone had a go and tested it (or could point to where I might find the logs for what happened), I'd be grateful.

EDIT:
I've had a look at the package page and there seems to be at least one uploaded version of footify-0.0.5-3 available. The first one got tagged as 0.0.5-2 but the .deb is the right one. I'm slowly learning the Debian way of doing things.

It would still be nice to see if anyone has managed to use the repository for download.

Last edited by Joorin; 2010-06-01 at 08:34.

The Following User Says Thank You to Joorin For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Joorin View Post
It would still be nice to see if anyone has managed to use the repository for download.
I upgraded 0.0.2 (i think) version to 0.0.5-2 via app manager and it worked just fine. Now I even have icon for footify. Using PR1.2.
Thanks for the great app!

E: Might also add some "bug" reports to same message Playlist "swiping" from right to left doesn't seem to work every time for me. Maybe a button to go back would be more clearer for users. Also closing/opening slider (when display is locked) causes music to stop for a few milliseconds. Actually I think music skips when ever LCD is switched on/off.

Last edited by Jaykie; 2010-06-01 at 12:08.

Originally Posted by Jaykie View Post
I upgraded 0.0.2 (i think) version to 0.0.5-2 via app manager and it worked just fine. Now I even have icon for footify. Using PR1.2.
Thanks for the great app!
Great! Thank you for testing and reporting. I'm glad you like it.

Out of curiosity, is it possible to see what the icon is supposed to be? I just doodled a bit but I know what I want it to look like.

E: Might also add some "bug" reports to same message Playlist "swiping" from right to left doesn't seem to work every time for me. Maybe a button to go back would be more clearer for users. Also closing/opening slider (when display is locked) causes music to stop for a few milliseconds. Actually I think music skips when ever LCD is switched on/off.
The swiping only works if you start from after 750 pixels to the right. If it doesn't work even when you swipe across the whole screen, something is broken. I had some trouble figuring out where to put a button without taking away too much screen estate so I settled for swiping instead.

Any suggestion for where to put such a button if more people have trouble swiping?

The skipping in playback when the screen goes dim or the slide is opened looks more and more like an issue with how processes are handled on the N900. This is just my gut feeling, but since the kernel changes frequency, scheduling of processes might get a hit which in turn stops PulseAudio from pumping data. This would explain the stutter.

I'm guessing this is something that a kernel hacker might have to investigate to either get to know that it's me doing something weird or that it's, in fact, the kernel that's causing it.

Hi,

I noticed this morning a little blinking icon that said updated software. Lo and behold, footify 0.0.5 was there for the upgrade

I've got to say Thank You for footify. A working spotify client was the only thing I missed on my n900. The only thing missing is offline play for the long car rides.

Regards,
Henrik

Posts: 204 | Thanked: 75 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Norway
This is the only Spotify client im able to log in with, the rest use outdated Despotify libraries... So remember to maintain this with the newest despotify lib whenever their releases are if you want people to continue being able to use this? Maybe we could get the desptoify lib as an other package, so it could easily be updated all the time?

I like your client, but as said before it would be nice with offline playlist

and i cant find my starred collection either with your client, And the mockup gui was really cool cant wait to see it in action

Downloaded from devel-repository and it works fine! Great, love it already!

Out of curiosity, is it possible to see what the icon is supposed to be? I just doodled a bit but I know what I want it to look like.
I guess the icon is supposed to be a green footprint?

Any suggestion for where to put such a button if more people have trouble swiping?
I also like the mockup which florian did. I don't have any further proposals but the original Spotify client for Symbian is very nice and usable imo. See the attached image
Attached Images