Notices

Posts: 36 | Thanked: 9 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Phoenix, Arizona
I've searched multiple forums and Google and haven't found this problem. Video I've recorded (before and after update) on the device cannot be found by mplayer. The same video will not output to tv in media player. Only sound comes through. The original Nokia video and video I've transfered from computer are visible and output to tv correctly via media player, but only the original Nokia video outputs to tv correctly via mplayer. All are in the video folder. Please help?

PROBLEM SOLVED (Somewhat)

Success! Video recorded at 16:9 won't play on tv in NTSC but video recorded in 4:3 will. I'm not sure why that would have changed in PR1.2 but at least I can record and show video again.

Last edited by jbscurtis; 2010-06-03 at 22:19. Reason: SOLUTION

Posts: 5,339 | Thanked: 4,133 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Israel
Hi
I also have this problem... Video I've recorded (before and after update) on the device will not output to tv in media player, only sound comes through.. I don't know why...

sucks, i know, same problem can be found on this thread

http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=53608&page=2

The Following User Says Thank You to ayos! For This Useful Post:
Update. I just tried to copy the device recorded videos to my computer and Vista cannot see them.

Posts: 1,141 | Thanked: 781 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Magical Unicorn Land
FWIW mine all work fine...

i rebuilt the tracker database after upgrading to PR1.2, dunno if that changes something in the metadata the player may use.

The Following User Says Thank You to stlpaul For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by stlpaul View Post

i rebuilt the tracker database after upgrading to PR1.2, dunno if that changes something in the metadata the player may use.
Thank you. Files are all visible again.

Originally Posted by stlpaul View Post

how did you do this?

In xterm type tracker-processes -r to rebuild the database...

Posts: 5,339 | Thanked: 4,133 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Israel
Originally Posted by God_Lx View Post
In xterm type tracker-processes -r to rebuild the database...
It's not helped, I still can not see my recorded videos on TV Not the old videos (1.1) and not the new videos (1.2)...
Any ideas ?

Edited:

I found where is the problem
settings >tv-out ->PAL (instead NTSC)

Last edited by Schturman; 2010-06-01 at 13:33.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Schturman For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Schturman View Post
It's not helped, I still can not see my recorded videos on TV Not the old videos (1.1) and not the new videos (1.2)...
Any ideas ?

Edited:

I found where is the problem
settings >tv-out ->PAL (instead NTSC)
That did it! I feel a bit like a dunce. I assumed that when the settings said "Video format NTSC" that was what it was using, but it appears that the device is actually giving you the option to change to the one displayed. So, when i says "Video format PAL" it is actually using NTSC. Or am I just confused since my pictures work regardless of which format I select. Oh well. it's all good now.

OOOPS!
It seems that I have a tv that can do both PAL and NTSC and that is the one I'm testing on. So, the "Video format" does display the current format. This means that my N900 can only play video out to tv in PAL, but everything else can be in either format. Anyone know if there is a way to edit something to fix this?

SOLUTION (Some what)

Success! Video recorded at 16:9 won't play on tv in NTSC but video recorded in 4:3 will. I'm not sure why that would have changed in PR1.2 but at least I can record and show video again.

Last edited by jbscurtis; 2010-06-03 at 22:21. Reason: SUCCESS