Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 529 | Thanked: 262 times | Joined on Dec 2008 @ Eastleigh, Hampshire, UK
Originally Posted by lostintime View Post
Hi all,

after upgrading to the latest version (0.3.3-9) of Witter unfortunately the app has stopped working on my N900.

Code:
$ run-standalone.sh python2.5 /opt/witter/witter.py
gives me:

Code:
Traceback (most recent call last)
File "/opt/witter/witter.py", line 41, in <module> import dbus
ImportError: No module named dbus
Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Witter is definitely the best twitter app for the N900.
means i screwed up and missed a dependancy in the install package. probably because most people have it alrerady for some reason.
to fix in xterm assuming you can do gainroot:
sudo gainroot
apt-get install python-dbus
(probably, i can't check the exact package name right now)
i need to add it as a dependancy to get things pulling in properly at insall time
Check out Witter, a twitter client for N900
http://danielwould.wordpress.com/witter

If Witter isn't working for you, eg crashes/doesn't start, gives errors etc etc. Please run it from x-term using:
run-standalone.sh python2.5 /opt/witter/witter.py

This will generate diagnostic output. Without this I cannot help you.

The Following User Says Thank You to dwould For This Useful Post:
Great app, I have only had my N900 for about a week. Witter was one of the first apps I installed.

I have one question. Is Witter suppose to give some type of audible notification when a new tweet is received. The only way to know if a new tweet has arrived is to check Witter. If I happen to be using the phone, I do get a popup banner that says I have received "X" number of updates.

Keep up the great work. I am very new to Maemo, but let me know if I can do anything to help.

Posts: 529 | Thanked: 262 times | Joined on Dec 2008 @ Eastleigh, Hampshire, UK
Originally Posted by Snotick View Post
Great app, I have only had my N900 for about a week. Witter was one of the first apps I installed.

I have one question. Is Witter suppose to give some type of audible notification when a new tweet is received. The only way to know if a new tweet has arrived is to check Witter. If I happen to be using the phone, I do get a popup banner that says I have received "X" number of updates.

Keep up the great work. I am very new to Maemo, but let me know if I can do anything to help.
I assume you are using the vesion from the main extras repository. the latest versions in testing/devel have a vibrate and led flash alert for mentions and dm's (but still no sound yet)
i'm hoping to get a new version to the main repository in the next few weeks
Check out Witter, a twitter client for N900
http://danielwould.wordpress.com/witter

If Witter isn't working for you, eg crashes/doesn't start, gives errors etc etc. Please run it from x-term using:
run-standalone.sh python2.5 /opt/witter/witter.py

This will generate diagnostic output. Without this I cannot help you.

I'm using 0.3.1. Thanks for the update. I look forward to the new version.

Posts: 105 | Thanked: 45 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Wellington, New Zealand
I am using the latest version with the portrait on-screen qwerty....very nice work Daniel....

Is it possible you can make the qwerty function whenever a user types/presses in the tweet/text box....rather than having to press the + to make it appear?
Exactly as done when in landscape mode.

Posts: 125 | Thanked: 27 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Bellshill, UK
Witter has stopped working for me with the latest version

When I try to open its just closing again and I can't seem to get to launching via xterm?

When I run run-standalone.sh python2.5 /opt/witter/witter.py

I'm getting ConfigParser.MissingSectionHeadinError: File contains no section headers.
file: /home/user/.witter

Last edited by gerrymoth; 2010-06-04 at 06:28.

Posts: 3,617 | Thanked: 2,412 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Cambridge, UK
Originally Posted by gerrymoth View Post
I'm getting ConfigParser.MissingSectionHeadinError: File contains no section headers.
file: /home/user/.witter
That looks like your .witter config file has become corrupted. Renaming/deleting it should fix the issue (though you'll need to reconfigure everything again).

Is it possible to disable the portrait mode?

Originally Posted by dwould View Post
means i screwed up and missed a dependancy in the install package. probably because most people have it alrerady for some reason.
to fix in xterm assuming you can do gainroot:
sudo gainroot
apt-get install python-dbus
Thanks so much dwould, that did the trick (the missing package is indeed called python-dbus).

You've made me one happy Witter user again :-)

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Liking what's been happening to Witter the past few months, I tended to stay away from it as I felt it a little difficult to use. A combination of your hard work and PR1.2 seems to be helping a great deal.

If I had one wish, that would be for the text input area to only appear when I want it - having to hit refresh, thus wasting API calls, is a pain and I really don't see why it should be there by default seeing as it's simple enough to get it to reappear once it's gone.

Keep up the great work.

P.S. Please update the first post of this thread - your blog post is, to be exact the comments section, very difficult to read at times with it's almost random layout - it's not obvious where the latest messages are.

Tags
python, twitter