Notices

Posts: 1,055 | Thanked: 4,107 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Norway
Originally Posted by iamnot View Post
Nice works!!
finally we got someone do the portrait stuff, we need just a portrait vkb now
See: http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=55371

also i realize this makes the whole screen rotated, apps icons are missing in the main menu, and under portrait mode, it's impossible to close a application, because the X button was overlapped with the window title and does not responding
Yeah. Unfortunately, unless stuff adapts, it won't be usable in portrait.

The launcher is usable, though.

btw if send a "ctrl+shift+r" (or "ctrl+R" )to the actived window this will sets the portrait properties as true?
This is seperate from this app, but yes. It should do. Note though that you can't rotate all four directions with that.

The Following User Says Thank You to w00t For This Useful Post:
awesome app! cheers man i needed this to use the n900 on my mountain bike, makes it easy to change tracks on the media player widget straight from the pocket. btw the only time this app has rebooted is when i don't put it back to the original way up before lock'n the screen. cheers again

The Following User Says Thank You to smoss For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,751 | Thanked: 844 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Sweden
Originally Posted by w00t View Post
No, just extras-devel (http://wiki.maemo.org/Extras-devel) for now. Eventually extras, hopefully.
hmm.. i updated and did not find it.. will try again, Thanks

Posts: 2,869 | Thanked: 1,784 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Po' Bo'. PA
Do I understand your screeny correctly? Do elements on the desktop like icons and the calendar widget rotate as well?

BTW, I often wondered if only certain elements with in some of the "uglies" rotated, they could be quite useful in portrait. The obvious example would be media player. Just auto rotating the cover art would be a start but if the block that shows playlist or now playing also rotated the rest of the controls wouldn't need to.

The same could be said for some other apps even the browser. If the browser content rotated but hildon status notifications and access to the status apps remained, that wouldn't be that bad. I use Sygic Maps this way in portrait.

The side bar gives me quicker access to other programs via quick launch rather than the current "Bogus bar" in browser portrait that requires a bunch of steps in order to start another app while keeping the browser open with the current page loaded.

Yeesh, i just read that^ and even I get confused.
... so I had some images and I hope it now makes better sense.

I don't mean to take any focus away from your fantastic accomplishment. Time is now tight and I have been wanting to add that idea to any discussion about rotation for awhile now. Thanks for the opportunity but most of all thanks for the continuing efforts.

SLN member # 009

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to YoDude For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,664 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hamilton, New Zealand
i saw an app which allowing n900 widgets and icons rotate along with the screen. can't remember what it is.

Thanks w00t! You have been doing lots of great work for the community recently

The Following User Says Thank You to BN900 For This Useful Post:
Iv installed it but dont know how to run it?? And seems like rotation has stopped everywhere :P Sorry im half asleep Thanks!

Posts: 124 | Thanked: 10 times | Joined on Jan 2007 @ Italy
eemh....i can't open status bar :O

Originally Posted by M00NB34M View Post
Iv installed it but dont know how to run it?? And seems like rotation has stopped everywhere :P Sorry im half asleep Thanks!
Make sure you have v0.1-4 - earlier versions didn't work.

And then... rotate your phone

Originally Posted by saxen View Post
eemh....i can't open status bar :O
Hmm? Need a little more details.

Tags
orientation, rotation