Notices

Posts: 286 | Thanked: 219 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ France
Originally Posted by lubabula View Post
Any chance to widget so you can disable and autodisconnect? When im at home I want to keep internet online. I know i can put n900 on charging and it will stay online, but charger is in bedroom.
I will implement in a future version the choice to activate or not AutoDisconnect for each connection instead of only for Wifi or 3G. I will try to create a status bar icon too.

Until then, you can create your own widget with "Desktop Command Execution Widget" and this post.

Cheers

The Following User Says Thank You to calvin_42 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by NokiaRocks View Post
Could you add an option for not disconnecting when using Pidgin Internet Messenger ?
I will do it for the next update.

Originally Posted by NokiaRocks View Post
I'm trying 200b/min now, cause it's disconnecting while using pidgin if I set it to anything higher.
You can put 1KB/min easily if you want. Check your file /var/log/autodisconnect.log to know how bytes have been transfered between 2 checks.

Originally Posted by amorek13 View Post
Calvin_42 is there any way you can create a script or something that triggers internet connection when a program for example omweather trys to update itself?
Unfortunately I don't think it's possible.

Originally Posted by jer006 View Post
Weird but when using autodisconnect it sets my connection to GSM when not in use and the N900 then takes a very long time to find a signal (2-3.5g)... Sometimes I have to manually switch to 3G just to get a network signal and when I do it comes in very strong (3-5 bars).

When I switch it to 3G it gets a signal almost instantly - has anyone else seen this behaviour with their n900 or is it just me?
FYI I don't have this behaviour. Do you switch to Dual Mode or 3G in AutoDisconnect settings ?

The changelog of the next version (0.4.7) will be :

- Add more high values to the switch of the Dual Mode
- Add the Pidgin Internet Messenger Exception

Until then, you can test and vote to promote the 0.4.6 version to Extra for those who don't use the devel repository. The 0.4.6 is a big update and only 3 votes are still required.

Thanks for them

The Following User Says Thank You to calvin_42 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,062 | Thanked: 961 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Boston, MA
Originally Posted by jer006 View Post
Weird but when using autodisconnect it sets my connection to GSM when not in use and the N900 then takes a very long time to find a signal (2-3.5g)... Sometimes I have to manually switch to 3G just to get a network signal and when I do it comes in very strong (3-5 bars).

When I switch it to 3G it gets a signal almost instantly - has anyone else seen this behaviour with their n900 or is it just me?
Yes, I have this same exact issue! Its very frustrating.

Sick of your cell signal not reconnecting after coming out of a bad signal area? Vote for this bug.

Looking forward to the Pidgin support
Does anyone know where I can see which program is causing how much wifi traffic ?

Posts: 1,062 | Thanked: 961 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Boston, MA
Another issue I have noticed is if I am in dual mode, it kicks me back to 2g pretty much immediately (even if I am actively using GPRS). But then if I manually switch it to 3g - voila! Full bars and much faster connection.

I do not have the auto 2g/3g switch on so I am not sure why this is happening.

Sick of your cell signal not reconnecting after coming out of a bad signal area? Vote for this bug.

Ye this is an odd one I noticed when I first got my n900, In another thread someone was having problems whereby there phone in 2g/3g would get a really bad 3g signal... It seems though that if you force ti to 3g only the phone gets brilliant 3g signal?! I think this is n900 issue not autodisconnect...

@Calvin for some reason when I manually check my emails or use internet radio my autodisconnect doesn't seem to connect, in emails it shows it trying to sync but cant, same for radio...

I don't know if this app does anything for me because I do not set to switch to 2G automatically (did not really understand 3G - Switch last 2", etc terminology). I just manually use the status bar 3G, 2G switch. And I am always connected to IM and have the setting on not to disconnect from internet when IM is on.

So not sure if autodisconnect actually disconnects anything on my device. What I do know is that before I installed this I would switch device on by 6am and would need to recharge the battery by around 12 noon and then again around 6pm. This is with facebook chat, skype, msn, yahoo and gtalk all being on. Now after installing autodisconnect my battery goes through the whole day without needing charge.

Either some hell of a coincidence or autodisconnect is doing something really incredibe.