Active Topics

Posts: 119 | Thanked: 15 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Manchester, UK
well u guys are lucky!!!!

I was so sill to believe in win 7 today morning and try to troubleshoot my Btooth (cos i wanned to have n900 connected as any other nokia we have or had home) but what a f... happened i tottaly got help!!!

troubleshoot downloaded for me a driver for btooth and install it for meeeeeeee tooo
one thing he done too was DELETE my fat ... winlogon ... bcd ... and practicaly i got so pi...ed off that i had to redo the whole laptop all over again from scratch!!!!!

F... BTOOTH and WIN7 im sticking to cables for now till we get some propper software (pc suite,ovi suite, map suite ect.)

Posts: 1,067 | Thanked: 313 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ USA
it worked fine for me on both my win7 booklet 3g and my desktop, until i dl'd and installed the pc connectivity software and the other bluetooth connectivity software from the devel repository. after that, nothing worked!

i even trie dto uninstall it, no go.

tried to reinstall it, and change some settings back, then uninstall it, no go.

i started by reinstalling the OS with NSU, and then reinstalling all my software from scratch and resyncing all my contacts/etc, but did not install either of the products mentioned. IT WORKED JUST FINE LIKE THE FIRST TIME.

those products made a mess of my bluetooth connection. spent hours messing with my pc and bluetooth adapter. dl'ing broadcom updates...nothing worked except a clean boot to get rid of that software.

since then, i created a "clean" backup of a well running set up so if i have installed software, i only have to use that update.

Posts: 1,283 | Thanked: 370 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ South Florida
Originally Posted by andy_x_net View Post
well u guys are lucky!!!!

I was so sill to believe in win 7 today morning and try to troubleshoot my Btooth (cos i wanned to have n900 connected as any other nokia we have or had home) but what a f... happened i tottaly got help!!!

troubleshoot downloaded for me a driver for btooth and install it for meeeeeeee tooo
one thing he done too was DELETE my fat ... winlogon ... bcd ... and practicaly i got so pi...ed off that i had to redo the whole laptop all over again from scratch!!!!!

F... BTOOTH and WIN7 im sticking to cables for now till we get some propper software (pc suite,ovi suite, map suite ect.)
I thought you guys invented English. Reading this purge was painful...

Posts: 119 | Thanked: 15 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Manchester, UK
Originally Posted by les_garten View Post
I thought you guys invented English. Reading this purge was painful...
excuse my english im forin and tired too tired lol
seriously been on pc since monday pretty much nonstop
(GF is finaly away for while so i took some days off to chill and properly play with my N900)

bluemaemo did it for me
start bluemaemo on N900
click "waiting for connection"
right click on your phone in win7 and click on properties
than find services tap and wait till populates
chouse driver for mice and keyborad and file transfer and bingo after apply win7 installed driver and now i have bluetooth connection and works great

I don't have PC suite installed btw

Last edited by Maemo_32; 2010-02-07 at 07:29.

The Following User Says Thank You to Maemo_32 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 47 | Thanked: 30 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ BANGALORE
SOLVED: Bluetooth peripheral device driver solution - Windows 7

Bluetooth Driver for nokia n900‎
N900 Bluetooth Problem‎
Win 7 drivers for Bluetooth‎

1) install the bluetooth device driver such as the one that comes specific to your PC..,
(note: vista & win7 has default bluetooth driver, so every thing may work fine but install the specific one)

2) Download the 'Windows Mobile Device Center' ( current version is 6.1 ) which you can download it from http://www.microsoft.com/windowsmobi...-download.mspx
this works for both Vista and Windows 7.
Install the downloaded software but it may not look like it worked on Windows 7 PCs. Vista automatically configured the settings on the bluetooth devices but for those who have Windows 7, here are the things you should do

3) Go to 'Device Manager' from 'Control Panel' -Or- just right-click on Computer Icon and choose 'Properties' and then click on 'Device Manager'.

- You'll see an 'Unknown Device' named 'Bluetooth Peripheral Device'

- Right-Click it and click on "Update Driver Software" -Or- anyway you find it easy to bring up the Update driver window.

- Click "Browse My Computer for Driver Software" button.

- Click "Let Me Pick from a List of Device Drivers on my computer".

- Select 'Bluetooth Radio' from the list if it asked you to select and then in the next window, it will show a list of drivers with Company Names in one list and Drivers in another. In the Company List choose 'Microsoft Corporation', not Microsoft.

- From the drivers list there may be one or more drivers with the name "Windows Mobile-Based Device Support" with different driver versions. Select one or the latest.

- Ignore any warnings and keep pressing next and then Finish at last. If all goes well, the last screen will show the message that device driver is successfully installed.

Now, after manually updating the driver for your bluetooth device, in 'Device Manager' when you click on 'Bluetooth Radios', it should display one more item which will say 'Windows Mobile-based device support'.

that's it you are done

THIS WORKED FOR ME AND I AM ENJOYING BLUEMAEMO ON MY N900

INSTALL BLUEMAEMO FROM EXTRA-DEV
(use with caution, since programs on ectra-dev may not be stable)

start bluemaemo on N900
click "waiting for connection"
right click on your phone in win7 and click on properties
than find services tap and wait till populates
choose driver for mice and keyborad and file transfer and bingo after apply win7 installed driver and now i have bluetooth connection and works great

SITE FROM WHERE I GOT THE SOLUTION
http://talk.maemo.org
http://www.sevenforums.com

Last edited by aathava; 2010-08-03 at 10:10.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to aathava For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,283 | Thanked: 370 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ South Florida
@aathava

Didn't work for me.

I tried making the BlueMaemo connection and the PC says "Parameter is incorrect".

My problem is I can't send a file to my PC. Even though I can Sync OutLook and do other things.

Posts: 30 | Thanked: 9 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Florida
The resolution didn't help me either. I followed it step by step. I also used a Nokia 5530 also using this method ending with the same results. The only diff is that there is only 1 bad device vs the 3 that the n900 gives me.

PS. did anyone see the tag for this topic? LOL

Last edited by gonediscin; 2010-08-25 at 03:21.

Posts: 30 | Thanked: 9 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Florida
*PROBLEM SOLVED ANOTHER WAY*

Ghost301 post at sevenforum fixed my problem

"Click Start button, type "services" into the search program and files box. This brings up a list in the menu, select Services. This should open a list of local services on your system.., Find 'Bluetooth Service" and make sure it has started, right click and set to 'automatic' (mine was already set), Select "Bluetooth Support Service" and start, set to automatic (mine was set on manual)"

This didn't work for everyone, but for some, including me, it did.

KYLe

Posts: 1,141 | Thanked: 781 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Magical Unicorn Land
Bluetooth is definitely one area where linux is much easier than windows. In linux it simply works. On win7 it keeps treating my N900 as external audio device and tried to play sound through it. Weird.

Tags
bill gates gave me herpes, windows sucks