Posts: 999 | Thanked: 1,117 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ earth?
Originally Posted by ysss View Post
@rcarlos:
To me, keeping my job will be top priority than getting my $600 gadget to work as intended. If by spending $5 on a simple gadget may give me a bit of consistency needed and even a backup to my $600 gadget, why not?

I never said the $5 gadget to be superior than the $600 one (although in this case, it is better), nor did I suggest to buy all the individual replacements.

Please keep your imagination in check
I learned that lesson many years ago!

I used to have a Palm T3 PDA - great for calander, software and general geekiness.

Except for the alarm clock. Sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't and one day slept in for work. My employer was not happy.

Moral of the story "For the sake of keeping your job spend $5 on an alarm clock....."

Originally Posted by rcarlos View Post
Not an apt answer... is it? Its like telling a guy to spend his $600 on individual devices such as a
-$5 clock for time & alarms
-$50 5MP point & shoot camera
-$75 media player [provides option to create play lists]
-$100 phone which provides all phone functions
-$300 on an Internet communications device

and not on a single device which provides all the above
and don't get self-rightous you cheapskate!"

The Following User Says Thank You to johnel For This Useful Post:
I had the same issue. Seems to be related to the world cup app so uninstalling it should fix it until they work out the bugs?

Yep. As always, before blaming Nokia and swearing off all Nokia products forever when you have an issue, try to restore the device to stock. Depending on what you've done to it, this may involve flashing the firmware and the emmc.

Once you verify that indeed it does work right in that state, start adding back the many unstable, testing, and whatnot apps you've installed until it breaks. Then let that dev know they have a problem.

Originally Posted by x-rated View Post
Do you recall the desktop being jammed? I had this alarm-not-playing problem this morning (luckily my wife was already up), noticed the desktop icons don't react to touch and remembered it was the same at the evening.
Now that you mentioned it, I think desktop icons didn't work.. I think I tried to open the menu but it didn't want to open. However the status bar menu opened, as I could disconnect the wlan network, and after disconnecting, desktop started working and processed all those touches I had done, opening multiple programs and menu at the same time.

Hmm.. I think I suspected the network immediately for some reason, I had Maegios widget on desktop but can't remember what it showed..

It seems that many others who have had the alarm problem also have had a widget on desktop polling network. Might be that the trigger is some kind of network trouble, leaving the widget to wait reply from network..and hanging the whole desktop in process.

--
Harri.

That would explain a few things.

My alarm also didn't go off this morning, in fact neither did my $5 alarm clocks, talk about bad timing!

It has happened before, with my N900, and I knew it had to be a problem introduced with an application, but as long as I have another alarm I'm OK with it. Then this morning...haha

Moderator | Posts: 3,717 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
Originally Posted by Inacurate View Post
My alarm also didn't go off this morning, in fact neither did my $5 alarm clocks, talk about bad timing!

It has happened before, with my N900, and I knew it had to be a problem introduced with an application, but as long as I have another alarm I'm OK with it. Then this morning...haha
Exactly the same thing happened for me today either...
I had an exam.. and I missed it

Hey,

Okay I know this thread is old, but these last couple of mornings my alarm hasn't worked either..

Only thing I remember doing that had anything with sound to do was using the silent profile the day before yesterday..

Funny thing, this morning when I woke up 2 hours late I tabbed on snooze, and after the snooze the alarm worked fine...

Posts: 334 | Thanked: 118 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ United Kingdom
check if you installed the pulseaudio files from here

http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=60788

because they mess up the sound on some devices , ringtones,alarm tones only work sometimes,sometimes silent sometimes default nokia tones . i had this problem with alarm and once i reverted back to stock files problem was gone..

if you didnt install them not sure sorry !!!

The Following User Says Thank You to moepda For This Useful Post: