You install rootsh. What else?
How about in nitdroid?
TIA,

bun

Originally Posted by Dousan View Post
1. Boot into NITdroid.
2. Open market place.
3. Download any filemanager.
4. Open filemanager And navigate to EXTRAS folder.
5 Tap on flash .apk file to install.

A pop up window will appear. It will ask permision to download from other sites than market. Just tick it. Then tap the .apk file again and you should be surfing with flash 10 in a jiffy
i tap install and it successfully got installed but i'm still being redirected to mobile site and still can't play flash...

is it normal that it can't compute the size of apps in the app manager? the apps i installed are stuck at computing while the preloaded ones are unable to determine the sizes...

Last edited by cloudstrife1ph; 2010-09-01 at 09:39.

Posts: 1,161 | Thanked: 1,707 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Denmark
Originally Posted by cloudstrife1ph View Post
i tap install and it successfully got installed but i'm still being redirected to mobile site and still can't play flash...

is it normal that it can't compute the size of apps in the app manager? the apps i installed are stuck at computing while the preloaded ones are unable to determine the sizes...
I'm also getting redirected to the mobile version on gametrailers.com when i try to watch trailers. I just choose the desktop version and then i can watch them... but with some lag or serious lag... The mobile diversion also depends on how the N900 gets detected... I don't know about size showing up or not, havn't noticed?

My Søciety6:
http://society6.com/Dousan

Originally Posted by bunanson View Post
Nitdroid - Android running on the Nokia internet tablet

Installation - an auto installater has arrived, just click and wait for 8 minute!

Running - ran for 24 hrs, no hiccup/freeze/reboot; speedwise, how does that measure to PR1.2? Honestly, I cannot tell if it is NOT running maemo.

Android market - dl and install, just like your favorite ovi store

Tell me one reason on earth, that you still want to wait?

Installation: N900 running PR1.2; Nitdroid will be installed in a newly partitioned external microSD; you need a 2G or larger and it will be erased, so dont leave anything there. Ther auto installer will NOT touch your internal SD. There are million ways to install nitdroid, this is the way I did it. DJ_Steve auto installer, as of today, there is a slight hiccup, auto installer stuck at 2nd format "Format .... ext 3", you can partition manually (Step 1 Partition 1-3 and reboot), and continue with auto installer, the whole process should take less than 8 minutes! I used a 4G Kingston, and partition 2G and 2G. Author Jay-C awared of this and would probably correct it very soon. Repo.nitdroid.com has been retired by author.
Yes, overclock works, a very minor extra step if you interested, thread #2.

For the noobs, please please please check your typings before hitting the enter key, that would save you a lot of headache

Running: Initial running will take you to setup wizard
1) setup wifi, usual way, need to manually key in password
2) DO NOT Touch the airplane mode. It will turn off all wireless and is NOT strict forward to get out. Just leave it alone.
3) Now play
4) camera button half press or full press > returned to desktop

Android Market: In USA, go Android Market, search for OI file manager, dl and install, and have fun

To uninstall, thread #3.

Keyboard get around, read it twice, you need it:
1) Ctrl + arrow key = arrow key in Android
2) camera key half press takes one back to desktop main menu
3) the small button between speaker and earphone jack will get you out of application

From the wiki, http://wiki.nitdroid.com/index.php?title=N900-install
==============================================
Using NITdroid

At the moment the proximity sensor (a barely visible round object on the left side of the touch screen) works as the Android menu button, the lock/unlock button on the right side of the phone works as a back button and the camera key functions as the home button.
===============================================

Once done booting to NITDroid, don't forget to Thank The NITDroid team!

Great thanks to the Nitdroid team, bring another excitement to the N900!

bun

addendum: Moderators: This is an advertisement for nitdroid, and is more catered towards about-to-be bordom N900 owners. People going to forum.nitdroid.com will NOT be interested in this. Thanks for your considerations

Useful links
http://forum.nitdroid.com/
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...light=nitdroid
http://forums.internettablettalk.com...258#post767258
http://www.nitdroid.com/index.php?title=Addsoftware
I tried this way also..
now it gets stuck at downloading nitdroid n900 the flying world file....
my wi fi is working...(i can surf websites on phone)
i hv tried waiting for an hour....but nthn seems to happen..
now what do i do?

ok so im having trouble partitioning my sd card directly from my n900.. how can i partition the sd card conisdering that i dont have an adapter for it to use on my laptop.. i have 2 options either partition it straight from my n900 or connecting the n900 to my pc with the data cable and partition from windows 7 but i jus dont know how to do any of these.help please

Last edited by Juanma9; 2010-09-01 at 19:39. Reason: misspelling of a word

Posts: 562 | Thanked: 123 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Daly City
Originally Posted by somekeystrokes View Post
I tried this way also..
now it gets stuck at downloading nitdroid n900 the flying world file....
my wi fi is working...(i can surf websites on phone)
i hv tried waiting for an hour....but nthn seems to happen..
now what do i do?
oh men.. its not stucked... its a big file.. i started installing at 11 pm... then i decided to go to sleep.. when i woke up... saw it " you have successfully installed NITDroid on your phone "

patience dude... just wait...

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
Originally Posted by bunanson View Post
How about in nitdroid?
TIA,

bun
I don't know exactly. There's a doc on the Nitdroid wiki that gives three possible setups for overclocking. Or maybe it's in the Nitdroid forum, I forget. All you have to do is pick one and follow the steps listed.

Nitdroid is already overclocked to 700 mHz, a developer says.

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
Originally Posted by chase15 View Post
oh men.. its not stucked... its a big file.. i started installing at 11 pm... then i decided to go to sleep.. when i woke up... saw it " you have successfully installed NITDroid on your phone "

patience dude... just wait...
Patience doesn't always work. Sometimes you wake up and see a message saying "bailing out".

I had to reflash before I could see the "successfully installed" message.

Posts: 4,030 | Thanked: 1,633 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ nd usa
I am only interested in how to gain root in nitdroid. I think you have to install something from the market...some terminal imitator and NOT sure which one.

bun

Posts: 439 | Thanked: 192 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ spain-aragon-zaragoza
i have nidroid installed in my nokia n900

maemo oc with 950cpu/500dsp i installed nitdroid and maemo oc off -out 600mhz default , why????

but you can oc nitdroid without problems modify power.conf

nitdroid can run media market

file explorer
skyfire
opera mini
gmail
etd.....

games:
asphalt 5, crusade of destiny, roller coaster, Welcome to hell and Radiant. Fifa 10 run perfect , wave race , raging thunder 1 lite .

you can not phone call and acelerometer doesn`t run with games.

games not run:

psxdroid psx emulator: start but not starting games.
sanstorm modern combat freeze
heroe of sparta and avatar error¿¿¿¿¿
gangstar error???

now i will try tiger mame and arcade mame and cps2 1.94 emulators

wifi run well and sound ok.

light sensor is a button ,

testing..........

Tags
bada rox, face coconut, face palm, nitdroid n900