Active Topics

there's one thing that bothers me friends. i kept seeing android phones flogging the market, iphones being sold like hotcakes. but then there something ominous about it.

DATA MINING, BEHAVIOUR ANALYSIS, LOCATION STORING

android phone always calls home (with all the integrated location, gmail, gtalk service) and iphone too does that (theres an article for it but i forgot). and with the internet being very easy to access, it becomes a whole lot easier to do all i stated above.

furthermore, with the advent of facebook, twitter, foursquare and the lot, it becoming easier to track us. and people actually tell what they are doing on those site.

conspiracy theory? world domination? new world order?

amuse me friends. lets discuss this.

and yes, AFAIK, maemo doesnt phone home or mine any data or send your location to anyone, so +1 for the King.

Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
It's basic human nature to want to communicate and keep connected with one another, sharin what they do.

Our footprints are getting larger and larger too, not just the digital ones. So obviously there's gold rushing to become the middlemen and registrars for such assets.

As for the privacy implications, I think those with said information would be very very careful not to lose public's trust/ignorance so they can hold on to their current positions.

ps: the king is dead. Long live its heir.
Agro ... : [###-------] | Relic(s) : iPhone 4S, Atrix, Milestone, N900, N800, N95, HTC G1, Treos, Zauri, BB 9000, BB 9700, etc

Follow the MeeGo Coding Competition!

Block apple's and google's ip ranges and be happy.

Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
Originally Posted by hellhammer View Post
there's one thing that bothers me friends. i kept seeing android phones flogging the market, iphones being sold like hotcakes. but then there something ominous about it.

DATA MINING, BEHAVIOUR ANALYSIS, LOCATION STORING

android phone always calls home (with all the integrated location, gmail, gtalk service) and iphone too does that (theres an article for it but i forgot). and with the internet being very easy to access, it becomes a whole lot easier to do all i stated above.

furthermore, with the advent of facebook, twitter, foursquare and the lot, it becoming easier to track us. and people actually tell what they are doing on those site.

conspiracy theory? world domination? new world order?

amuse me friends. lets discuss this.

and yes, AFAIK, maemo doesnt phone home or mine any data or send your location to anyone, so +1 for the King.
Nokia? Phone home? Secretly?
NAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhh

What, me worry?

Posts: 179 | Thanked: 115 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Victoria BC Canada
Privacy?

You'll only have privacy when you barter or use cash, don't use telephones, cable etc. While your at it, stop using mail and don't drive a registered vehicle. Finally, move to the bush, jungle or somewhere remote with no power and people........

Now you have privacy!

What is with all this paranoia? You're safe with Google, just ask Mr. Barksdale; he knows knew what he (and everyone else) is was talking about.

Originally Posted by ysss View Post
It's basic human nature to want to communicate and keep connected with one another, sharin what they do.

Our footprints are getting larger and larger too, not just the digital ones. So obviously there's gold rushing to become the middlemen and registrars for such assets.

As for the privacy implications, I think those with said information would be very very careful not to lose public's trust/ignorance so they can hold on to their current positions.

ps: the king is dead. Long live its heir.
and that would be meego or harmattan? sorry for my lack of (effort to search for) knowledge.

Originally Posted by aligatro View Post
Block apple's and google's ip ranges and be happy.
probably a good thing to do. i will look into this. been using nitdroid too

Originally Posted by Grok View Post
Privacy?

You'll only have privacy when you barter or use cash, don't use telephones, cable etc. While your at it, stop using mail and don't drive a registered vehicle. Finally, move to the bush, jungle or somewhere remote with no power and people........

Now you have privacy!
seriously though, ive been giving this a lot of thought. one day, im going to buy some land, preferrably in norway, raise some cows, plant my own vegies and live on my land.

call me paranoid, but i am! haha.

Posts: 220 | Thanked: 49 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ england
news for positive people.
click here

bloody govenment! stick it to them.