Posts: 4,030 | Thanked: 1,633 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ nd usa
Originally Posted by Missingbyte View Post
After installing Nitdroid 0.0.8 twice, just want to know why some apps dont show in the market place ?
Many reasons. One of them is whether the app is locked and your device offer lock. They have to match in order for you to see the app.

bun

Last edited by bunanson; 2010-09-15 at 19:12.

Posts: 844 | Thanked: 521 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ UK southampton
@Bun
How'd you get blutooth working? Airplane mode is off, wifi and gprs are working sort of but Bluetooth will not switch on just hangs on turning bluetooth on.
Wanna try my Bluetooth GPS out.
Cheers

Posts: 75 | Thanked: 18 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Wolverhampton
Originally Posted by casper27 View Post
@Bun
How'd you get blutooth working? Airplane mode is off, wifi and gprs are working sort of but Bluetooth will not switch on just hangs on turning bluetooth on.
Cheers
My Bluetooth just worked ; )

The Following User Says Thank You to Missingbyte For This Useful Post:
Posts: 968 | Thanked: 974 times | Joined on Nov 2008 @ Ohio
Originally Posted by casper27 View Post
@Bun
Cheers
Did you install the bluetooth patch for 0.0.8?

The Following User Says Thank You to lemmyslender For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by jack16 View Post
Try this:
Go to X-terminal and type - root - reboot and let the keyboard open. This was working for me and multiboot is back
thanks, it worked

Maybe this is a known issue that i missed but on my nitdroid USB functions dont work, i plug it into the PC and nothing happens, i can still charge but thats about it

Last edited by silvacrest; 2010-09-16 at 11:24.

Posts: 1,038 | Thanked: 1,408 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ London
This is a great project and dual booting android made my lady go "ooh".

However i've decided to uninstall Nitdroid as it just is too unstable on my handset.

Positives:
- Has given me a taste of android without purchasing a new handset
- Experiencing a good email client
- I've now seen the hype about the market place and am not impressed. I'd rather have the extras and extras devel on maemo.
- NitDroid works very well. Boot time is fast, browser is good and the contact book looks beautiful.

Negatives:
- Unstable. Charging is a pain. Sometimes the phones charges and it doesnt at other times. I've had to switch to Maemo just to charge the battery.
- Lots of app's still dont work (google maps).

Overall its a great experience as a phone geek. Must for everyone to taste it.

Thanks for all the work Nitdroid team.

The Following User Says Thank You to afaq For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by afaq View Post
- Lots of app's still dont work (google maps).....
I have tried close to 250 apps, only 3 does NOT work. Admittedly, one has to try different versions.

To run google maps on current nitdroid, you can use BT GPS, thread #4 or apply a patch, thread #49. I have google earth running which I think is more complicate than google map, pics thread #362, only Earth 1.0 works, 1.1 refused to install. Yes, that is one of the 3 apps I tried does not work.

I agree with you on most of your other points. Sorry to see you go, come back someday

BTW, for those need space to load maps, say Mapdroyd, I installed nitdroid on 6G space, and it just worked... so far. and there is ADWlauncher 1.15 released, dl the cm5 version and rename to ADWLauncher.apk and copy into /and/sys/app. Difference? read changelog.

very useful links:http://www.androlib.com/android.stat...cher-FEjB.aspx, daily list of android market apps, just saw the title have NOT tried it yet.

bun

Last edited by bunanson; 2010-09-17 at 15:23.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bunanson For This Useful Post:
NiTDroid was progressing very slowly until those last updates and it went crazy.
I just had a look at the Change Log, which is now beautifully arranged and easily legible.
But I must offer some feedback, Please change where it reads "Vibrator ... Not Available". lols and rollseyes.
I think "Vibration" is more suitable and professional.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kangal For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Kangal View Post
.."Vibrator ... Not Available"....
I know there is a reason why nitdroid still NOT in the mainstream, thanks ameego

bun

NITDroid is good project, I am able to get a taste on it and the scrolling UI is wonderful, no screen tearing like Maemo, but for flexibility Maemo smoked android away. Nevertheless thanks everyone who helped in creating NITDroid and this has helped us N900 owner to get extra games.

Personally I will be happy to see GPS working in order to use better navigation software compared to those in Maemo.

The Following User Says Thank You to chicaman For This Useful Post:

Tags
bada rox, face coconut, face palm, nitdroid n900