Hi everyone!
This message is for BUNANSON
I understand you are related to medical field.I am third year medical student and currently looking for a new cell phone to buy as i broke my last one( nokia n73).
I am very interested in buying nokia n900 but the lack of medical apps for this device is disappointing.But after reading this post i feel new hope.
Can you please advice me if i would be able to install medical apps like epocrates,medical dictionary after installing nitdroid(is it hard/unsafe to install nitdroid on n900)?And would i be able to use these apps without wifi/internet like i used on my previous phone.
Sry i never used android os or maemo os.

Thanks!!

Or would you suggest buying another phone?
iphone is good too but you have to pay for most of the apps and they require internet.Plus i like the qwetry keyboard in nokia n900.

Posts: 4,030 | Thanked: 1,633 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ nd usa
No, not N900. N900 requires a lot of attentions. Being a medical student, you rather spend time with your books or sleeping then putting time into a gedget. I personally think, Android is kind of between N900 and iphone, not as rigid as iphone, not as flexible as N900. I would recommend look around for an android phone, there are tons of medical apps in android.

Today, I saw one of my underlings, using a very pretty phone. a little bit bigger than my N900, and is an android phone. It is a Evo. It is very responsive, very quick, and she used as comfortable as her purse! She, absolutely not a techie, explained to me, bunanson, how good is her phone! She also said she bought an option, allows her to tether her laptop thru the Evo and get online! "It is extra, but I like it. Just press a button, your laptop is ON" "How much is your monthly phone bill?" I asked, my underling, the one that I supervise, "It is quite reasonable, $179 per month for me and my husband, everything included" An average joe walking on street, making probably slightly above average worker, knows nothing about 3g or 3.5g, or even android, shell out $179 a month for an android phone. I am just speechless.

bun

The Following User Says Thank You to bunanson For This Useful Post:
Thanks for your reply Bunanson.
Is motorola droid milestone is a good option?
Opinion appreciated!!!

still doesnt work i have installed nitdroid..but when i boot to it...i get random and MANY error msgs..saying services couldnt start...seems like NONE of the services are working...even switching the phone off is a big task because of the errors on the screen! nothing works...tried to register..tried to skip registration..nothing helps..im just sitting with nitdroid without able to use it!! pls helppppppppp

Originally Posted by sandipkrsharma View Post
still doesnt work i have installed nitdroid..but when i boot to it...i get random and MANY error msgs..saying services couldnt start...seems like NONE of the services are working...even switching the phone off is a big task because of the errors on the screen! nothing works...tried to register..tried to skip registration..nothing helps..im just sitting with nitdroid without able to use it!! pls helppppppppp
well Sandeep you need to register first..if that does not work then let me know when where n wat exactly you are getting the error ?

Posts: 292 | Thanked: 348 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Rio de Janeiro
Originally Posted by bunanson View Post
Not a problem. Once you did the 1st install, the re-install is a snap. Go repartition to the way you want, and re-install nitdroid. You are in business. I have done close to 20 installs so far, it is almost like making a backup. Looking by your post, you are probably a linux veteren, right? You can handle it :-)

bun
I knew what I was doing was substantially stupid... Kind of ashamed of telling you HAHA.
No, kidding, I was just partitioning it wrong, and anyway, I will wait for an update of nitdroid to repartion it, I'm lazy right now

I noticed that nitdroid has quick office in it but I cant find the icon in menu. I can open PDF files in astro file manager and it uses quick office.

The Following User Says Thank You to chicaman For This Useful Post:
Any new about 0.0.9 version???

The Following User Says Thank You to Fredook For This Useful Post:
Posts: 78 | Thanked: 28 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ London
I was trying to install this but NITdroid does not show up in application manager even though I have the relevant repositories. I tried it through apt-get install nitdroid-installer, but it says there are unmet dependencies: bzip2 but it is not installable.
Can anyone help?

The Following User Says Thank You to bret hart For This Useful Post:

Tags
bada rox, face coconut, face palm, nitdroid n900