Originally Posted by kyros View Post
Thanx, my fault!
And if you want it to have an icon the same as FCamera (it has no icon at the moment) then put this file in your "/usr/share/applications/hildon/"

(icons for dummies: unzip it first, put the .desktop file in there, not the zip)
Attached Files
File Type: zip fcameratl.zip (310 Bytes, 138 views)

Last edited by munkiii; 2010-09-03 at 15:30.

Posts: 1,559 | Thanked: 1,786 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Boston
Hi, i saw the discussion on the forum of the fcamera garage and it sounded like your fcamera++ included a timer feature. Is this available in the current package? Unless i have missed something, there's no other way to get a basic timer feature for the N900 camera, and with the tripod i just received, it would really be handy.

Unofficial PR1.3/Meego 1.1 FAQ

Classic example of arbitrary Nokia decision making. Couldn't just fallback to the no brainer of tagging with lat/lon if network isn't accessible, could you Nokia?
MAME: an arcade in your pocket
Accelemymote: make your accelerometer more joy-ful

Posts: 143 | Thanked: 99 times | Joined on Jun 2009 @ Houston
Originally Posted by Flandry View Post
Hi, i saw the discussion on the forum of the fcamera garage and it sounded like your fcamera++ included a timer feature. Is this available in the current package? Unless i have missed something, there's no other way to get a basic timer feature for the N900 camera, and with the tripod i just received, it would really be handy.
that's what it does. It just extends fcamera with timer and recurrent shot functions. You know, to make timelapse movies.

By the way, which tripod did you get?

Originally Posted by tpaixao View Post
that's what it does. It just extends fcamera with timer and recurrent shot functions. You know, to make timelapse movies.
Thanks. I've got the power kernel installed so i'll have to wait to try your modifications. It wasn't until i had fcamera installed that i realized there's (still) no timer functionality. D'oh.

I'm guessing the new fcamera version doesn't break the changes too much... Have you got a patch for the changes you made? If you haven't time to update it i'll take a look at getting it into the repo as fcamera++ so these really useful additional features can reach more people.

By the way, which tripod did you get?
Ordered this one, but haven't done the mod yet. Seems fairly robust.

Classic example of arbitrary Nokia decision making. Couldn't just fallback to the no brainer of tagging with lat/lon if network isn't accessible, could you Nokia?

alright guys, here's a .deb with my version of fcamera. It's basically the same as the original with one extra control for the number of photos and delay between them.
This FcameraTL would deserve its own discussion thread so ppl would find it. Fcam really needs time lapse feature.

alright guys, here's a .deb with my version of fcamera. It's basically the same as the original with one extra control for the number of photos and delay between them.

The delay slider goes from 0 to 60 in units that can be seconds or minutes depending on what you choose in the the settings screen (swipe up). See my previous post for some screenshots.

Installation is as usual ("dpkg -i <deb file>" as root). I am not sure if the deb takes care of the dependencies but I guess it does.
Do you plan to export this to the repositories?

Please put it in extra-testing. Do you have an updated version?

Last edited by Ayle; 2010-09-22 at 19:36.

Posts: 143 | Thanked: 99 times | Joined on Jun 2009 @ Houston
Originally Posted by Ayle View Post
Please put it in extra-testing. Do you have an updated version?

Hello all. Yes, I plan to put it in the repositories. The only thing is I don't know exactly how that works but I'll figure it out.
It has taken a while for me to get back to this, mostly because of real life issues, but I'm back on that horse now. Expect an updated release soon.
I'm thinking of using the old timelapse garage account to continue development on this version of Fcamera, so that I can get it up faster. As soon as I do submit it to extras-devel, I'll create a new [Announce] thread for it.
More soon...

The Following User Says Thank You to tpaixao For This Useful Post:
Bump. Did i miss the announcement thread or is it still pending?

Still need a delay timer on my N900. :/

Can you post the latest code somewhere, please?

The Following User Says Thank You to Flandry For This Useful Post:
Posts: 60 | Thanked: 13 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Oregon
I second that request. Been waiting for this for a while now, would be nice to know what the status is.

Tags
camera, photo