Active Topics

Posts: 2,225 | Thanked: 3,822 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Florida
If I wasn't jobless, and intending on throwing some money around in donations and other projects once I do get a job, I'd totally bite. I'm in Florida right now, and two N900s is always better than one N900.

Posts: 4,030 | Thanked: 1,633 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ nd usa
I got a friend sitting right next to me and is using the latest winmo with uscellular, "Buy it, only if you dont mind to get frequent crash. Mine crash, if not daily ."

I think I will take a pass on winmo for the time being. Just my 2c. And if I have $449 to throw away, I wound get another n900 and a droid tablet.

bun

http://www.informationweek.com/news/...SSfeed_IWK_All

Nitdroid sour grape watchers watch out, Android smartphone is no. 1 in 8/2010, surpass, iOS and RIM, OMG...

bun

>>two N900s is always better than one N900<<

I used to think that way, but no more. Things evolve constantly. Why waste money on an extra item (this is from someone who has 3 Nokia tablets, 2 HP TC1100s, 1 Samsung Q1UP, 1 Archos 5, 3 netbooks/laptops), when in one year or two you can use the same amount of money to buy a far superior device.

The Following User Says Thank You to ch88xy For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by ch88xy View Post
>>two N900s is always better than one N900<<
... Archos 5....
How do you like your Archos 5?

bun

Video playing on Archos 5 is outstanding. Web browsing pretty good too (600 mhz CPU), although UI is a bit premitive. The only thing I don't like is the built-in mono speaker. That said, I may sell it, as it is not an essential device to me. I have, and will keep, four kinds of essential devices: (1) N900, which is like a Swiss army knife, always in my pocket no matter where I go, ready to deal with a variety of daily tasks. (2) A tablet, either Samsung Q1UP (7") or HP TC1100 (10") for at home, esp. bedside, reading. I read several languages, and use Firefox language plug-ins on a constant basis. MSTARDICT is fine, but can't really' compare. Although HP is more confortable to the eyes, I may sell it and keep the Samsung because of weight (HP 3 lbs vs. Q1UP 2 lbs). After an hour reading, you can feel the extra lb. (3) My 2 lbs netbook for travelling (together with the N900). Simply put, it is my desktop on the go. (4) My 17" SONY VAIO for heavy-duty work at home.

The Following User Says Thank You to ch88xy For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,225 | Thanked: 3,822 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Florida
ch88xy: In seriousness, and depending on circumstances, I agree. For me personally, the N900 fits my situation in life enough that I would love to have more than one, because if I could afford 3G internet for all of them, I would be able to stay in contact with people for whom it is really important for me to stay in contact with, (Phone calls + text messaging don't always work for what I may need. Mostly, but not always.)

Anyway: I was mainly joking. Ignoring the fact that my circumstances make having two useful, I know that realistically speaking, under typical conditions, it's better to wait for the more powerful, possibly more open, but in general better device which you'll be able to buy for the same amount of money.

Back on topic:

REDUCED $325 FREE SHIPPING!

I need it gone guys.....anyone?

Mentalist Traceur, I'll take an offer at this point

Nichos, would you part with it for $280?