Active Topics

Notices

fatalsaint, any news ?

Originally Posted by fatalsaint View Post
Oh, Also:

If I could get everyone that can use and test pyRadio to go vote for it in the testing repository it would be appreciated.

Since the API changes every few months I'd like to get the majority of people some Pandora for a while before it dies again and I need to update it. If I keep messing around too long it'll never make it past that testing phase . Plus, people are already commenting on pyPianobar in the extras that it's broke and I really don't want to maintain those apps anymore. So would like to get them a replacement.

Thanks!
I was one of the people that commented on pyPianobar. After reading this thread I updated to PyRadio and gave it a positive vote. Thanks for the help

The Following User Says Thank You to howaboutadog For This Useful Post:
Posts: 569 | Thanked: 462 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ USA
Is it possible to pass the volume setting from the command line? PyRadio works well as an alarm when called via Alarmed, but the possibility that the volume may be down makes it worrisome to rely on exclusively as an alarm clock.

Originally Posted by fatalsaint View Post
Oh, Also:
If I could get everyone that can use and test pyRadio to go vote for it in the testing repository it would be appreciated.
I have only just now stumbled onto how to vote on the devel/testing pages.

No wonder so few apps get promoted. The icon to click to vote looks like it is a static indicator of how many votes it has received already. Nowhere can be found anything that is indicated as the item to click to vote.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rotoflex For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by AgogData View Post
fatalsaint, any news ?
I was out of town.. sorry for delayed response. Unfortunately no.. those out of the U.S. are going to have to try and figure out how to get Pandora since I have no way of testing it.

Setting the appropriate environment variable (http_proxy) before running pyRadio should cause python to try and use the proxy but, again, I can't test exactly how all this works.

ETA:

Thanks to all for the votes. Looks like I still have quarantine for a couple days but we have the required 10 votes so as soon as it opens up I can finally promote pyRadio!
pyRadio - Pandora Radio on your N900, N810 or N800!

Hey Fatal, Grats on the votes!

The Following User Says Thank You to Rapparee For This Useful Post:
Posts: 66 | Thanked: 27 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ near Memphis, TN USA
Originally Posted by rotoflex View Post
No wonder so few apps get promoted. The icon to click to vote looks like it is a static indicator of how many votes it has received already. Nowhere can be found anything that is indicated as the item to click to vote.
I totally agree. And I think the numer of required votes for this app would have been met a long time ago had it been more obvious how to cast a vote..

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to moja For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by rotoflex View Post
Is it possible to pass the volume setting from the command line? PyRadio works well as an alarm when called via Alarmed, but the possibility that the volume may be down makes it worrisome to rely on exclusively as an alarm clock.
I missed this... should be possible, yes.

I actually plan to build a complete CLI interface for it for the people that liked pianobar and like the smaller footprint of not using a GUI.

ETA: Btw, THANKS!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fatalsaint For This Useful Post:
Just letting you all know pyRadio 3.4 is in Extras finally . Now we have a full replacement for the defunct pypianobar and pianobar in extras.

I've emailed some people to try and get the latter two packages removed from the repositories as they are now broken but it doesn't seem to be happening.

The Following User Says Thank You to fatalsaint For This Useful Post:
Great appliacation. As far as I can see, the only thing missing is a desktop widget to control the player.

The Following User Says Thank You to dusktreader For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by dusktreader View Post
Great appliacation. As far as I can see, the only thing missing is a desktop widget to control the player.
That would be nice. I've gotten busy lately between 2 jobs so development on this is temporarily suspended but when I get back into it the CLI and a widget will be what I focus on for the next few versions.

Obviously if anybody wants to try and understand my crappy code I'll take patches .

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fatalsaint For This Useful Post:

Tags
bad tags, good tags, pyradio