Active Topics

Notices

Ok first of I just wanted to know if theres a way of running these games for the internal memory without using system links?
I figured that its just a matter of having the right "permission" but anyone in the know will guess that I'm a bit of a noob so it could just be impossible.

Also I read a few posts that only really touched the subject, but I was wondering is it theoretically possible to run webos apps using preenv.

Posts: 1,034 | Thanked: 784 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Annapolis, MD
Originally Posted by hardkorek View Post
Do You have any idea how to jump over first obstacle at the begining of n.o.v.a.?
I have same problem with Assasin Cread.

Seems i need to run and jump. Impossible without multitouch?
It's totally possible. I was able to jump over the obstacles in the tutorial level in NOVA and am now on level 3. It wasn't easy but if you get a running start and then clearly let go of the dpad before you jump it works.

Originally Posted by mele View Post
I have the ipk but it was no success.
preenv will only let you execute WebOS apps that were written with the native SDK, and not the older pre-library specific applications such as Foursquare, Spotify, or Pandora.

The Following User Says Thank You to cddiede For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by paddyc1988 View Post
Ok first of I just wanted to know if theres a way of running these games for the internal memory without using system links?
I figured that its just a matter of having the right "permission" but anyone in the know will guess that I'm a bit of a noob so it could just be impossible.

Also I read a few posts that only really touched the subject, but I was wondering is it theoretically possible to run webos apps using preenv.
The games binaries need to have an execute permisssion. The FAT32 formatted file systems on your internal 32GB memory block (/home/user/Mydocs) or on the MircoSD card can't support this kind of file permissions.

But your /home partition (The 2GB space where you can install apps to) is formatted ext2, which DOES support UNIX standard file permissions, so the game binaries need to live there.

This is why if you ever copy file to/from the /home partition to MyDocs or your SD card you'll see alot of warnings about not being able to preserve the original file ownership.

The Following User Says Thank You to cddiede For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by nos4A2 View Post
I am running pr 1.3 and settlers, no probs..
how did u get urs to work ?

i did these steps :

1. 7 zip extracted the .ipk
2. unpacked the data.tar with winrar.
3. used ssh to send it to /home/use/Games/settlers/usr/palm/applications/com.gameloft.app.settlers
4. used chmod -R 777 on /home/use/Games/settlers
5. started preenv and went to /home/use/Games/settlers/usr/palm/applications/com.gameloft.app.settlers and used dektopgen appinfo.json

Originally Posted by DarkShadowSwE View Post

i did these steps :

3. used ssh to send it to /home/use/Games/settlers/usr/palm/applications/com.gameloft.app.settlers
5. started preenv and went to /home/use/Games/settlers/usr/palm/applications/com.gameloft.app.settlers and used dektopgen appinfo.json
I'm really desperate, tried every single way i could find, still the same error in x-term:
PDL: Aplication asked for device ID, giving 0000
SDLGL: Called SDL_Quit
Please if anybody can help don't hold back the ideas...

Originally Posted by DarkShadowSwE View Post

i did these steps :

Gah - people really need to grasp the concept of permissions. You should not be doing chmod -R 777. A much better idea is to do a chown -R user:users on it. That way you simply change ownership of the file to the standard N900 user rather than opening up access to everything. Yes I know its a personal phone not a server - but right is right.
Agro ... : |*****-----] Relic(s) : G1, N900

The Following User Says Thank You to Bratag For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Bratag View Post
Gah - people really need to grasp the concept of permissions. You should not be doing chmod -R 777. A much better idea is to do a chown -R user:users on it. That way you simply change ownership of the file to the standard N900 user rather than opening up access to everything. Yes I know its a personal phone not a server - but right is right.
I don't know about you, but my N900 is a personal phone AND a server.

Last edited by cddiede; 2010-10-29 at 15:33.

Posts: 158 | Thanked: 29 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Finland
Originally Posted by mele View Post
I have the ipk but it was no success.
okay, thanks!

Posts: 234 | Thanked: 175 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Genova (Italy)
Originally Posted by enkhbayar View Post
HAWX worked for me. Its good for me.
How did you make it work?

Tags
games, multi touch, palm pre, preenv, profile, reach page 250?, speed, yesssss