Posts: 116 | Thanked: 26 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ in states for now
hi,

so its my first time doing any sort of transaction in craigslist.

I found this guys offer, which said he was looking to trade or sell his Samsung Captivate(Samsung Galaxy S) he said he was looking to buy a n900 or trade for it or sell it just for 300 dollars. The info did not say much and there wasnt a real picture of it.The guy lives about 15 mins from me and I sad we could meet in a public place such as the mall.

Can you guys give me some tips etc

thanks

Originally Posted by bayernhan View Post
hi,

so its my first time doing any sort of transaction in craigslist.

I found this guys offer, which said he was looking to trade or sell his Samsung Captivate(Samsung Galaxy S) he said he was looking to buy a n900 or trade for it or sell it just for 300 dollars. The info did not say much and there wasnt a real picture of it.The guy lives about 15 mins from me and I sad we could meet in a public place such as the mall.

Can you guys give me some tips etc

thanks
1. meet at open area. Starbucks is a good place.

Testing piece:
2. check the item condition (scratch) put your sim card, test the charger, wifi, and data plan are working.
3. test a phone call make sure both party works
4. test the camera phone.

if you are happy, then pay the guy.

Posts: 417 | Thanked: 182 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ At your mom's house, with my feet up!
yeah make sure you can make a call using your sim card with the phone. If its been reported lost or stolen and IMEI number has been registered as such, you might not be able to use it.

IEMI is for uk only isnt it ?

I thought the IEMI was irrelevant abroad

but agree with all the rest of the above, especially as living so close to you

Posts: 861 | Thanked: 936 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Bulgaria
Originally Posted by *Sonic* View Post
IEMI is for uk only isnt it ?
I thought the IEMI was irrelevant abroad
IMEI = International Mobile Equipment Identity
The name itself implies it is worldwide used ;-)

Excuse me for the offtopic!

The Following User Says Thank You to zlatko For This Useful Post:
Make sure you test everything on the phone even if you think it's not necessary, we're talking serious money here!
Always keep in mind that if a product is sold way below its original price, then there might be something wrong with it and since you're not getting it from a retailer, you can't ask your money back (this happened to me shortly after I had moved to the US, I needed a good smartphone and ended up with a crappy Samsung that didn't even have w-lan just because I hadn't checked!)

Originally Posted by zlatko View Post
IMEI = International Mobile Equipment Identity
The name itself implies it is worldwide used ;-)

Excuse me for the offtopic!
I know what it stands for

But we in the UK dont share our national database abroad, so if the phone is from the UK and has been blacklisted through loss or theft, then it goes on the national database and is shared between uk carriers (vodaphone, t-mobile, o2 etc) but the phone is perfectly fine to use abroad as it will not be blacklisted abroad

Its something they are trying to resolve and have the national database shared with the rest of the world as almost all phone thefts in the uk are to sell abroad as there is no comeback

Not sure how it works in the US