Active Topics

Poll: How long does you're battery last (in average)?
Poll Options
How long does you're battery last (in average)?

Posts: 255 | Thanked: 160 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Finland
I am getting about 10-12 hours of life from my phone with WLAN on all the time and several IM accounts running. Making phone calls or SMSing doesn't seem to make any difference. It's only if I turn WLAN off when battery life goes up.

However, I am using the default profile at the moment on power kernel. Ideal doesn't work for me, the phone starts crashing. Maybe with a little bit of tweaking of the profile I could get just a bit more battery life.

Posts: 1,522 | Thanked: 392 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ São Paulo, Brazil
WiFi enabled, gprs enabled, bluetooth enabled etc, mine seems to last at most around 6 hours

Posts: 306 | Thanked: 566 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Romania
smart reflex on , wifi on , 10 mW , email read every hour , email widget then battery drop 1% per hour.
when the phone is not in AP range then switch to 3G data automatically ( driving from home to work and back home )

Last edited by blue_led; 2010-11-10 at 17:33.

Originally Posted by lma View Post
Based on the poll options you're talking about N900 only? If so, sorry to rub it in but my N810 typically lasts 4-5 days between charges with IP connectivity always on and regular email/jabber/ssh use.
Always on? That's cool. I wish my N900 could do it.

Currently: 1(heavy use) - 5(no use) days

fresh 1.3 install I get about 9 hours life.
That's with about one hour of browsing.

Posts: 770 | Thanked: 558 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Abidjan
Since PR 1.3 update, the phone last for over 14 - 15H!!!

Posts: 218 | Thanked: 59 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ spain
Originally Posted by paai View Post
I am *not* a heavy user in terms of webpages visited, phonecalls and so on. WIFI is on half of the time (when I am at home). Bluetooth is always on.

I find that in such circumstances, on PR 1.3, my battery life extends to two days.

Paai
Woooooooooow!!

Any widgets enabled??

I'm not a heavy user too, I think. I use to use 3G conectivity, very ligth internet browser over 3G, very very very ligth phonecalls, wifi and bluetooth always off and just foreca weather widget enabled.

On this scenario I only can catch 12 hours battery life.

Mine used to last 5 days easly, now that i installed easy debian and other crap I only get like 1.5 at most.

Posts: 216 | Thanked: 72 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Switzerland
I do also feel like battery time is much better. It now seems to use only about 2 - 5 percent when not using over night.

Markus

https://bugs.maemo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=8844

missing a scrollbar? Vote here:http://maemo.org/community/brainstor...tic_scrolling/

Add quickbar (ABC, DEF, ...) in the Contact App. Vote here:http://maemo.org/community/brainstor..._address_book/

Still only getting around 6 hours out of this phone. Very frustrating as if I forget to charge it during the day, it dies whilst I'm at the pub and then I get a hard time form the wife ......

3G on, 1 widget, wiifi OFF.

Seriously, this would be an awesome phone if the battery issues were fixed! Is it a hardware flaw or is it the case that Nokia just dosen't care and wants us to buy their new N8????

Back to the iPhone I think