Active Topics

Notices

Originally Posted by rotoflex View Post
You can also get the login loop if you do not have a network (Wi-Fi, whatever) connected.

Possibly a check for network connection would eliminate mystery for that cause.
well i got it to work via purging the app and reinstalling it. thanks for all the help

The Following User Says Thank You to bobbydoedoe For This Useful Post:
Posts: 38 | Thanked: 23 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Philadelphia, PA
In the menu, the "Add Seed" button brings up a dialog that reads "Add Station Seed" with "Seed Artist," "Seed Song," and "Close." But the Seed Station and Seed Song buttons don't appear to do anything. Nothing is printed to the console, either.

I thought that was the way to add more artists and songs to a selected station. Do they do something else, or is this a bug?

I've got an N800 running Diablo with the community SSU.

Originally Posted by parejkoj View Post
In the menu, the "Add Seed" button brings up a dialog that reads "Add Station Seed" with "Seed Artist," "Seed Song," and "Close." But the Seed Station and Seed Song buttons don't appear to do anything. Nothing is printed to the console, either.

I thought that was the way to add more artists and songs to a selected station. Do they do something else, or is this a bug?

I've got an N800 running Diablo with the community SSU.
It's working for me on the n900.. the only way to check if this worked or not is to go the website and look at your stations seeds:

http://www.pandora.com/people/<username>

I'll check again with the N810 when I can find it...
pyRadio - Pandora Radio on your N900, N810 or N800!

Pyradio will not start on my n900, I have no idea why. I've tried purging and reinstalling, and still will not start up Please help.

Originally Posted by mamunx900 View Post
Pyradio will not start on my n900, I have no idea why. I've tried purging and reinstalling, and still will not start up Please help.
i too have the same issue, how do we pull up the log to see whats going on?

Run it from the command line:

Code:
/opt/pyRadio/pyRadio.py
If you get something like API version mismatches or python issues that is likely caused from the issues with PyQt4 that attila77 was talking about. I'm not sure if it ever got resolved or not.
pyRadio - Pandora Radio on your N900, N810 or N800!

Originally Posted by fatalsaint View Post
Run it from the command line:

Code:
/opt/pyRadio/pyRadio.py
If you get something like API version mismatches or python issues that is likely caused from the issues with PyQt4 that attila77 was talking about. I'm not sure if it ever got resolved or not.
crap looks like a api ver mismatch,
any fixes for this?

Code:
/home/user # /opt/pyRadio/pyRadio.py
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/opt/pyRadio/pyRadio.py", line 6, in <module>
    from PyQt4 import QtGui,QtCore
RuntimeError: the sip module implements API v8.0 but the PyQt4.QtGui module requires API v7.1

Posts: 75 | Thanked: 59 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Gilbert, AZ, USA
Originally Posted by bobbydoedoe View Post
crap looks like a api ver mismatch,
any fixes for this?
What does an "apt-get install python2.5-qt4-common=4.7.4-maemo0 python2.5-sip4=4.10.5-maemo0" get you? I don't know if that is sufficient to downgrade those components... if not, try to remove all python2.5-qt4 packages first and then run that.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jsharper For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by jsharper View Post
What does an "apt-get install python2.5-qt4-common=4.7.4-maemo0 python2.5-sip4=4.10.5-maemo0" get you? I don't know if that is sufficient to downgrade those components... if not, try to remove all python2.5-qt4 packages first and then run that.
i have downgaded the python package as suggested, and now i am able to run pyradio. many thanks for your assistances

The Following User Says Thank You to bobbydoedoe For This Useful Post:
Posts: 168 | Thanked: 104 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ California, USA
I just installed pyRadio 3.5 from Extras this morning, and running /opt/pyRadio/pyRadio.py at the command line shows the following (login loop)...

Error: org.apache.xmlrpc.XmlRpcException: 000.000.000.000|0|INCOMPATIBLE_VERSION|Pandora does not support your client version.
Code: 1

BTW, I haven't downgraded any python bits to workaround any of the (still?) broken Python/Qt stuff in the repositories lately.

Edit: sorry, I just noticed that I actually grabbed pyRadio 3.4... nevermind. I guess there was a lag in the 'Fresh' app announcement and propagation to the repository, or I didn't refresh my app cache... oops

pyRadio 3.5 works fine, without any python downgrades.

Thanks!!!

Last edited by slvr32; 2010-11-18 at 19:25.

The Following User Says Thank You to slvr32 For This Useful Post:

Tags
bad tags, good tags, pyradio