Poll: Do you think its possible to overclock the N900?!
Poll Options
Do you think its possible to overclock the N900?!

Posts: 2,142 | Thanked: 2,054 times | Joined on Dec 2006 @ Sicily
I have determined that - at least in my device - power kernel v.45 can't reliably initiate mass storage mode when connecting the N900 to an external host computer via usb.

When connecting the usb cable, dmesg outputs
Code:
twl4030_usb twl4030_usb: HW_CONDITIONS 0xd0/208; link 2
and when disconnecting outputs
Code:
twl4030_usb twl4030_usb: HW_CONDITIONS 0x50/80; link 1

In order to reinstate the normal operation, I have either to pull out the battery for 30 minutes (5 are not enough) or reflash the stock kernel.

Hope this report reaches Titan for refining his fine work.

btw... i saw the new kernel power v46....

This custom kernel contains additional modules for IPv6, packet filtering, QoS, NAT, tunneling, kernel configuration, Wifi mesh networking, builtin ext3 for booting from other media, ext4, XFS, reiserfs, NTFS read support, ISO9660, UDF, CIFS, automounter, squashfs, unionfs, device mapper and dm-loop, cryptography, cryptoloop, EFI partitions, UTF8 codepages, mouse+joystick input, PPP, PPTP, radio RDS, serial support, USB/IP and generic USB device drivers, battery info, WLAN monitoring, overclocking, kexec and experimental USB hostmode support.

how do i get the USB hostmode working?

Last edited by firstknight; 2010-11-18 at 16:53.

Posts: 820 | Thanked: 436 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Portsmouth, UK.
Originally Posted by firstknight View Post
how do i get the USB hostmode working?
Install h-e-n.

Please use the search facility, it's there for a reason!

Originally Posted by debernardis View Post
I have determined that - at least in my device - power kernel v.45 can't reliably initiate mass storage mode when connecting the N900 to an external host computer via usb.

When connecting the usb cable, dmesg outputs
Code:
twl4030_usb twl4030_usb: HW_CONDITIONS 0xd0/208; link 2
and when disconnecting outputs
Code:
twl4030_usb twl4030_usb: HW_CONDITIONS 0x50/80; link 1

In order to reinstate the normal operation, I have either to pull out the battery for 30 minutes (5 are not enough) or reflash the stock kernel.

Hope this report reaches Titan for refining his fine work.
Well I have done nothing but I can use USB mass storage mode anytime anywhere without hassle. So far really no problem with v45 kernel.

The Following User Says Thank You to Radicalz38 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,522 | Thanked: 392 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ São Paulo, Brazil
Other than a somtimes having to try a few times in order to sucessfully boot up all the way (it never lasted long enough to start to worry me), i've not had any issues with v45, and i like having the console show during boot (would rather if it also showed during the Maemo boot itself in place of/under/overlaid on the KITT throbber and stuff, but that is whole'nother thread)

Posts: 2,142 | Thanked: 2,054 times | Joined on Dec 2006 @ Sicily
I haven't mass storage mode with ver 46 either. Mass storage - reliable - stops at ver. 40 for me.

Originally Posted by debernardis View Post
I haven't mass storage mode with ver 46 either. Mass storage - reliable - stops at ver. 40 for me.
Hmm pretty odd... Wonder how did the kernel affect USB mass storage? 0.o
BTW there is 1 issue on uboot kernel power... but not that critical.
If I reboot the device(typing reboot from xterm, reboot from apps, reboot from systemui) then the phone never successfully boot itself. It's just stuck on uboot till it shuts off. But a simple power off and on did the trick.
And I noticed whenever I do a reboot UBoot doesn't detect my mmc. but on a power of mode it detects it. Wonder if doing a power off and on should fix your problem?

Originally Posted by James_Littler View Post
Install h-e-n.

Please use the search facility, it's there for a reason!
ok... very good... that confirmed it.. but how do i install h-e-n???

when i install h-e-n it is unable to instal i2c-tools and such h-e-n has unmet dependency... cos it kinda unable to replace i2c-dev.h which is part of kernel-power-header....

please help...

Posts: 1,729 | Thanked: 388 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Canada
no audio and camera after v46....

rebooting....

EDIT: nope......i hear nothing....

"The best way to break a Spell is to prevent it from being cast in the first place"

N900: 1000/1150mhz; sampling_rate 15; up_threshold 150000;

Did you see this thread?

http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=65497

Might your audio problem be related?

"N900 community support for the MeeGo-Harmattan" Is the new "Mer is Fremantle for N810".

No more Nokia devices for me.

The Following User Says Thank You to Matan For This Useful Post:

Tags
cooking on gas, cortex-a8, faster, first to fry it wins!, hardware, its smoking, n900, need for speed, need for weed, nos, omap, omap3, omap3430, overclock, overclocking, soc, system-on-a-chip, the dogs, this thread got good!, vtec just kicked in y0!, warranty will be void, whooplah, zoom zoom