Active Topics

Originally Posted by fatalsaint View Post
I actually started on a PyQt4 facebook app but have unfortunately not had any time to work on it. The plan was to have about as many features as Bloo on Android.. I currently have it showing feeds and friends but it's far from ready to be used - the feed doesn't align correctly and all the text is squished... plus has massive lag when trying to download everybody's little pictures..

But yeah... I started.. unfortunately it's fallen by the way-side.
do u have a screenshot of how much uve completed?

No, as I've said it was very rudimentary. I didn't get much time to work on it. It basically has a tabbed window of friends and feed and shows a simple list box populated with your feed or friend names (depending on the tab you're in).

If I get the time to perfect it.. we may see it.. but if someone else puts up one before I get it ready then I'll probably trash it (or if facebrick adds some features).
pyRadio - Pandora Radio on your N900, N810 or N800!

Posts: 257 | Thanked: 205 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Sydney, Australia
Have you guys considered using a Quick Widget with the facebook page displayed?
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...widgets&page=2
Essentially it IS a facebook widget. Auto updates, scrolling, even text entry I believe.
(I don't have FB but have been following that thread)

The Following User Says Thank You to shazosbourne For This Useful Post:
HEY ..! do you know how to resolve this problem. when MY NOKIA N900 keeps on showing NOKIA with continous restart and then says MALFUNCTION1 DEVICE RESTART IN 10 S. please help me

Posts: 185 | Thanked: 111 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Mexico DF, Mexico
Originally Posted by hassamahmed786 View Post
HEY ..! do you know how to resolve this problem. when MY NOKIA N900 keeps on showing NOKIA with continous restart and then says MALFUNCTION1 DEVICE RESTART IN 10 S. please help me
I think this is not the place to address your Question. Be a little respectful.
N900 registered as Linux Machine # 426325

Posts: 3,159 | Thanked: 2,023 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Finland
Originally Posted by hassamahmed786 View Post
contact nokia and stop ruining this good thread
If the link doesn't help, just use
Google Custom Search

Originally Posted by fatalsaint View Post
I actually started on a PyQt4 facebook app but have unfortunately not had any time to work on it. The plan was to have about as many features as Bloo on Android.. I currently have it showing feeds and friends but it's far from ready to be used - the feed doesn't align correctly and all the text is squished... plus has massive lag when trying to download everybody's little pictures..

But yeah... I started.. unfortunately it's fallen by the way-side.
Maemo org is so big. cant you get anyone here to help you? If you revive your project and if it works i think you will be able to produce an application bigget,faster and batter then anyother.

Posts: 213 | Thanked: 115 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Rota Land
facebrick dont work any more

Posts: 74 | Thanked: 27 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ France
Originally Posted by etuoyo View Post
People on this site seem to fall into two categories:

1. Those who see website apps as an Apple thing and that you should just use the microb browser to log in to facebook and do what you want to do.

2. People who feel that making things more convenient is not an evil thing which Apple have created and it would be very nice to be able to view photos, read and reply messages, check updates, etc without the hassle of having to log on and struggle through a web page on a <4 inch screen.
I think you forget a third type of people: people who don't give a dime for Facebook...

The Following User Says Thank You to systemcrash For This Useful Post:
Posts: 90 | Thanked: 15 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Bangkok
Originally Posted by riceboy View Post
facebrick dont work any more
Facebrick Still working , Just not enough.