Posts: 1,513 | Thanked: 2,248 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ US
After sitting there for more than two months, the elocity A7 can no longer be ordered on Amazon. The search for my next tablet continues...

Posts: 4,708 | Thanked: 4,649 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Bulgaria
Hmm, there is a task switcher in Android but its a real pain to use at least for me. I just found this - maybe it will work better:
http://www.androidapps.com/finance/a...ree-esd-mobile

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EFFPPG140iA

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bundyo For This Useful Post:
All these crammy tablets make me mad.
Apad, Epad you know what I mean. And in this category Archos sits as king).

The next level (lets call it level 2) of tablets introduce the Samsung Tab. It's out and after owning the Galaxy S and trying the Tab I see it is a good tablet but not really an iPad killer. Its a different form of tablet than the iPad, but even with my android-preferance I'd prefer the iPad over this.

This next tablet has most of the spec's of the level 3 tablets but it also lacks a few/nondisclosed. Also suffers from the "KIRF syndrome" but makes up for having a real cheap price. THIS IS LIKE a level 2.0 tablet. What do you make of it?

The next level (3) are the true iPad competitors but are still "not quite there". I wanted one of these for cheap and actually recompile Froyo to work buttery smooth but I have been holding back to see how things turn out. This list includes the (best-worst:
WooW Digital, Advent Vega, Malata Zpad T2, Viewsonic G-tablet, Toshiba Folio 100, eLocity A7 range of tablets.

Then comes out (level 4) "Le Playbook" via RIM which seems doomed to fail (according to RIMs history and the competition).

And now a new king has emerged:
The Acer 10in something-to-be-named-here

http://www.engadget.com/2010/11/23/a...droid-tablets/
http://www.engadget.com/2010/11/23/a...lets-hands-on/

Sht just got real, son !

Last edited by Kangal; 2010-11-26 at 07:36. Reason: broken link

The Following User Says Thank You to Kangal For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,524 | Thanked: 2,958 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Delta Quadrant
Originally Posted by Kangal View Post
The next level (lets call it level 2) of tablets introduce the Samsung Tab. It's out and after owning the Galaxy S and trying the Tab I see it is a good tablet but not really an iPad killer. Its a different form of tablet than the iPad, but even with my android-preferance I'd prefer the iPad over this.
Curious... What do you prefer about the iPad?

The Following User Says Thank You to Capt'n Corrupt For This Useful Post:
The size is a lot better because it lets you see more content and bigger.
The other part is how well the iPad is polished, the Tab has definitely one less coat of polish.
The aluminium touch and the one click button all make it feel like a sturdy yet stylish device.
These points are usually overlooked when choosing such products, but at the end of the day, the little things really do make a big difference to the user.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kangal For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,030 | Thanked: 1,633 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ nd usa
I just flashed the newly released 1122. I cannot get gps lock with this new release, and slightly more crashes too. I am now flashed to betolley's 1122 and see if any difference

I got gps locked alright with 1102 betolley FW

bun

Posts: 113 | Thanked: 26 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Port of Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
I got mine yesterday and immediately flashed Betolley´s 1122.
I don't know previous firm's, but it runs fine. I'll try GPS later.
I'm still trying to get into Android, but I think this will fulfill my needs.
Just two annoying points so far (Maybe beacuse of firmware):
1) In the recent apps list, when I click one it will open it, but the recent list will not close. I have to go home and open the app from the launcher.
2) The browser has some problems with radio buttons, messages, etc. I have to go home and click browser to see the message.

Maybe I'll flash back to 1102, that you said worked fine.

Cheers

The Following User Says Thank You to cjsegninir For This Useful Post:
i have lots of problems with 1122. It crashed all the time with web browser. That is my make and break!

I then tried betolley's 1122. I cannot adjust display!

And none of the above allows for gps lock!

1122 has a lot of nicety, like installed angry bird. But I cannot live without browser! I will hang around with 1122 for today, likely flash back to 1102, which I ran for whole week without even 1 crash, and gps locked too.

I tried the app2sd, it helped a bit, but installed to sd via hacking is the best, like putting OS to SD in the old days. I got 2G space in this way. I do not see what is in 1122 that I need now, I would wait.

After flash, I do the follow ritual:
1) get wifi/google acct sign up
2) market fix, http://forum.nitdroid.com/index.php?topic=480.0
3) setup environment
- wifi never sleep
- display to 10 min before sleep
- no animation
- uncheck display compatibility
4) dl and install
- z4root
- Free Advanced Task Manager
- LauncherPro
- root explorer
- titanium backup
- es file manager
- rotateD
- smartBar
- SetCPU
- Mini Info
- flash player
- angry birds
5) setup autorotate with root explorer
- rename /system/lib/hw/sensors.omap3.so to something else
- put rotateL/P on smartBar>Others...
6) setup install apps to SD, http://www.mp4nation.net/forum/viewt...p?f=78&t=20444
7) Markets
- original market
- AppBrain App Market
- Applanet, allows paid app to get trial without paying, honor system?
- eoeMarket 2, chinese
- Hi market, chinese
- www.kaiqi.com, chinese

and now it is usable

bun

Last edited by bunanson; 2010-11-27 at 06:54.

The Following User Says Thank You to bunanson For This Useful Post:
MapDroid does NOT require online, dl map and go. it has world map, and USA is 1.5 G takes an hour to dl

bun

Posts: 3,524 | Thanked: 2,958 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Delta Quadrant
Originally Posted by Kangal View Post
The size is a lot better because it lets you see more content and bigger.
The other part is how well the iPad is polished, the Tab has definitely one less coat of polish.
The aluminium touch and the one click button all make it feel like a sturdy yet stylish device.
These points are usually overlooked when choosing such products, but at the end of the day, the little things really do make a big difference to the user.
I can totally see that. The size makes it better suited to be a laptop replacement, the huge repository of apps is sure to provide any function that you could wish for, and the 'polish' is truly unmatched. All in all, a solid device!

Tags
droid tablet, wits tablet