Active Topics

Notices

Originally Posted by will177 View Post
Which database are we talking about? And which process/application is responsible, or should be responsible, for putting the call start and end time (or duration) into the database?

I would like extended call log to just include the call duration, but it seems like this application is dependent upon something putting the information into this database first.

So, what is the process that needs enhancing to put the info into the db and when will it be improved to do so?

Thanks!
The database is the rtcom eventlogger (call and sms \ im) database at /home/user/.rtcom-eventlogger/el-v1.db

The call information is added to by a Nokia application which I assume is the phone UI although I'm not sure exactly which process \ application adds it. I notice you've already voted for the enhancement in bugzilla but TBH I wouldn't expect it to be added until at least Harmattan

There is a workaround here that can cause the end time to be added to the database.

For extended call log, I don't add anything to the database and the aim of the application is to provide an alternate view of the log which provides extra information and ways to view \ filter the information rather than modify the information in the database

This is no biggie but is it possible to tweak the name ? It appears on my screen as "Extended Call Lo"

Posts: 247 | Thanked: 37 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Los Angeles
Should call duration show up on the "first" "main" screen?

I recently implemented the event-logger tweak. If I select the details of a call I get the duration, but I would like to see it on the main screen. There's certainly enough space. :-)

Is this because I only have 5 calls with duration, and 100s without? should I delete the database and start over?

I appreciate it may not be economical to modify the code for the 6 of us with call durations, but I can hope.... :-)

Thanks!

is there not anything which integrates with the contacts in the phone and shows the Call Log Histroy in the area where we see the call received or made, rather than clicking on a seperate Icon of Extended Call Log.

I see PR1.3 has broken Extended Call Log

Posts: 1,283 | Thanked: 370 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ South Florida
I'm not certain what this does. Other than a longer "tail" of the call log.

It would be killer if it had call durations!

Or at least have something usable to me...

Opps my mistake it's not broken.
There is an sqlite script that adds the duration.
http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...3&postcount=20

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JonWW For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,103 | Thanked: 368 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ india, indore
why there is no call duration in extended call log? also when i click any contact to see details and then back botton the app doesn't respond and close now option comes up!!!

Originally Posted by nicholes View Post
why there is no call duration in extended call log? also when i click any contact to see details and then back botton the app doesn't respond and close now option comes up!!!
It will only show duration if it is logged in the database and by default end time isn't logged.

To get it to log see this thread

Can you give details of the second issue? When do you see it? Do the call details come up etc

The Following User Says Thank You to matrim For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,103 | Thanked: 368 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ india, indore
yes the call detail comes up and there are three option to choose open contact card , call no. Delete.(i did not check whether they are working or not ) and when i press back botton it stops responding(or it freez,or stuck here ) nothing i can do there and later like every app give option when stuck "blah blah application is not responding close now?yes or no...

And good news is that it happaned two times with me.and from third time when i try it back botton was working properly.
perhaps it was happaning only me (i was in a hurry and did not let it load properly)cheers