Banned | Posts: 974 | Thanked: 622 times | Joined on Oct 2010
I thought tags in the posts were a useful way of searching. But obviously this "mature" community has completely sabotaged that by using tags as a way to "comment" on posts. Isn't there any administrator here to clean things up? Just wondering.

Yeah, god forbid someone do something you wouldn't do! Let's get the admin team in here to enforce your opinons.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to stenny For This Useful Post:
Would be nice if everyone could see who set any particular tag on a given thread, perhaps then adding childish tags would not be so popular.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to lardman For This Useful Post:
Posts: 889 | Thanked: 537 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ scotland
i've never tried searching for tags on here, cant imagine it'd work no matter how anal you want to be about it, the freeflow of ideas and suggestions cannot be conveniently pigeonholed and then searched for by people who havent had the same thoughts and ideas. if you have a problem you need fixed searcing by title and post content would be more than sufficient. so what exactly are the tags good for? alternative expression, humorous affect, comic relief and (semi) anonymous commentary. i like them as they are.

its a sad day when i can't slip at least one hitchhiker reference in somewhere.

The Following User Says Thank You to festivalnut For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by festivalnut View Post
... the freeflow of ideas and suggestions cannot be conveniently pigeonholed and then searched for by people who havent had the same thoughts and ideas

so what exactly are the tags good for? alternative expression, humorous affect, comic relief and (semi) anonymous commentary. i like them as they are.
Look at the tags of this thread:
a comment tag, bestthreadever, call the admins, eats poo, pointless crap, useless tags, useless thread, what are tags?, you suck balls
Sure, freeflow of ideas, humorous affect, comic relief. It is just crap written by children, 10 year old by the looks of it. Everyone coming to this site is able to read these tags, "nice community" - my foot. The impression you get is that this site is full of it (crap and 10 year olds). Why doesn't the admin clean it up?

Posts: 1,048 | Thanked: 979 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ SF Bay Area
Originally Posted by ericsson View Post
Look at the tags of this thread:

Sure, freeflow of ideas, humorous affect, comic relief. It is just crap written by children, 10 year old by the looks of it. Everyone coming to this site is able to read these tags, "nice community" - my foot. The impression you get is that this site is full of it (crap and 10 year olds). Why doesn't the admin clean it up?
Either your standards are too high or haven't gotten the memo: Most of everything is crap.

The fact that you can actually get a lot of useful information from t.m.o. is noteworthy.
qgvnotify: Google voice and contacts notifier for diablo and maemo.

If you want to thank me, click the Thanks button.
If you'd like to thank my applications, vote to move them to extras.

Posts: 1,522 | Thanked: 392 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ São Paulo, Brazil
It would probably work better if it was more wiki-like, having everyone be able to edit every tag

The Following User Says Thank You to TiagoTiago For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,411 | Thanked: 1,330 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Tatooine
"<talk.maemo.org>

This thread already has the maximum number of tags and you are not allowed to edit any existing tags."

I'm 41 and I still find some of the tags hilarious. Even better that it's anonymous

As has already been said, it's not really worth using the tags for searching - just use Google and add "site:talk.maemo.org" to your search to restrict it to these forums.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to jedi For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by uvatbc View Post
Either your standards are too high or haven't gotten the memo: Most of everything is crap.

The fact that you can actually get a lot of useful information from t.m.o. is noteworthy.
Yea sure, deep philosophy that one. Consider it true, and it is a 90% chance that law itself is just crap to start with. So the only conclusion to draw is that the law is utter crap, because there is no useful information coming from it in either case. Just like the tags here.

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
crappy thread will result in crappy post will result in crappy tags. Great threads get great tags!

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:

Tags
call the admins, deep philosophy, humor, metathread, search for me, tag! you're it!, tags are fun, this is a tag!, venting, what are tags?