Active Topics

Banned | Posts: 974 | Thanked: 622 times | Joined on Oct 2010
Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
crappy thread will result in crappy post will result in crappy tags. Great threads get great tags!
Not according to Stenny further up here. That genius called "jedi" agreed with him as well. But, what can you expect from a community where writing the most juvenile (and anonymous) tag is the measure of manhood.

Posts: 422 | Thanked: 320 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Israel
Tag fest ftw!!!

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by lardman View Post
Would be nice if everyone could see who set any particular tag on a given thread, perhaps then adding childish tags would not be so popular.
I believe that the admins/mods can see who set the tags.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
This thread already has the maximum number of tags and you are not allowed to edit any existing tags.
Niceeeeeeeee.

Posts: 1,048 | Thanked: 979 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ SF Bay Area
Originally Posted by ericsson View Post
Yea sure, deep philosophy that one. Consider it true, and it is a 90% chance that law itself is just crap to start with. So the only conclusion to draw is that the law is utter crap, because there is no useful information coming from it in either case. Just like the tags here.
I see what you did there: "This sentence is a lie"
An alternative conclusion is all crap is gold.
qgvnotify: Google voice and contacts notifier for diablo and maemo.

If you want to thank me, click the Thanks button.
If you'd like to thank my applications, vote to move them to extras.

Posts: 889 | Thanked: 537 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ scotland
obviously a thread attacking the use of tags is going to invoke an abuse of tags by those in support of said abuse. the fact they've maxed out suggests the masses have spoken. mark it down to character, immaturity, stupidity, or low level humour if you will. but i and others like it. they really wouldn't be effective for search in practice, so why not use them as stylised commentary? so much of the internet's little gems have arisen in such a manner.

its a sad day when i can't slip at least one hitchhiker reference in somewhere.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to festivalnut For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by festivalnut View Post
obviously a thread attacking the use of tags is going to invoke an abuse of tags by those in support of said abuse. the fact they've maxed out suggests the masses have spoken. mark it down to character, immaturity, stupidity, or low level humour if you will. but i and others like it. they really wouldn't be effective for search in practice, so why not use them as stylised commentary? so much of the internet's little gems have arisen in such a manner.
How about really calling it what it really and truly is... anonymity grants people the ability to be that inner jackass that they're scared to openly admit they truly are.

And this forum has had its own influx of jackasses as well as a mass exodus of useful folks.

Here's an image to explain what I mean.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Posts: 500 | Thanked: 437 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Oklahoma
You aren't still upset about
never happy, op is a bumder, op is a douche, op is an idiot, op is on rag, op needs a slap, op suckstags added to your MMS thread are you?

The Following User Says Thank You to tzsm98 For This Useful Post:
Please tell me that you didn't memorize those tags...

Posts: 1,463 | Thanked: 1,916 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Edmonton, AB
came here for the stupid tags, leaving satisfied

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Creamy Goodness For This Useful Post:

Tags
call the admins, deep philosophy, humor, metathread, search for me, tag! you're it!, tags are fun, this is a tag!, venting, what are tags?