Originally Posted by PartyboyXP View Post
This patch increase the volume of the speakers or only increase the volume of the earphones? Thanks
its clearly said patch increases volume of earphones/headsets and nothing changes with fone speakers !

The Following User Says Thank You to tusharmax For This Useful Post:
Ive got to say the out put of the Bluetooth audio is awsome, i dont know if its through the patches but its enough for proper communication and or music playback.

The Following User Says Thank You to Viny For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by tusharmax View Post
dude we want the new patch asap, pls pls. btw can something be done to enhance bass effect or better stereo widening effects
Hmm sry bro experience from my past tells me that should wait and make sure the script is safe....enabling stereo widening runs the cpu up to 90-100% sometimes, it's why I didn't bother doing it again...besides it doesn't sound all that great when it's enabled :/, also increasing the bass any further makes the music sound....how should I put this this....dimmer and lower

To enable stereo widening you simply open these files using a text editor like leafpad. :

Ihf.parameters (controls the speakers)

Ihfandheadsets.parameters (controls the headphones)

They are in the BoostN900 Patches folder. Now Look for this line in both files

x-maemo.stereo-widening = "false"

Change it to:

x-maemo.stereo-widening = "true"

Safe the file and re-run the BoostN900 script....

@Viny

Yea I also changed the sound quality through the bluetooth headsets....although I may not own one I know which values to change.

Last edited by SavageD; 2010-12-13 at 17:20.

The Following User Says Thank You to SavageD For This Useful Post:
thnx man, btw what bout bass, any way to change it on the fly or by myself, i couldnt care for the volume.. m a bassophobiac / bassophile

thnx man, btw what bout bass, any way to change it on the fly or by myself, i couldnt care for the volume.. m a bassophobiac / bassophile
This line in the ihf files controls the bass:

x-maemo.ear_ref_padding = "-5555"

Lowering the value to say 1000

x-maemo.ear_ref_padding = "1000"

Increases the bass but lowers sound quality and vice versa. I won't recommend playing with those values too much though.

In the case of my patches I had to do some additional stuff so that sound quality would not be lost when I increased the bass....

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SavageD For This Useful Post:
ah that was quick, apparantely i remember in one of your older patches thr was a substantial increase in earpiece volume, now it doesnt seem to be the case, can you point out a way to do so..

ah that was quick, apparantely i remember in one of your older patches thr was a substantial increase in earpiece volume, now it doesnt seem to be the case, can you point out a way to do so..
Lol there's too many things to change so can't explain that here......at this point I'll probably start letting the user have options one or two again, so they'll choose between having sound quality or speed.

he he, btw just tested my music quality via enabling stereo widening and than later bass effect

result
Although stereo widening tremendously enhanced the sound quality, the increase in bass was very artificial,,basically it diminished the qualitative output just as you said..btw i checked cpu levels with stereo widening enabled and CPU hovered around 33-34% @ 250 mhz which seems to be k i guess.. isnt it? i guess high cpu usage might happen once in a while.

p.s. earpiece badly needs some boost, i can compromise a lill on speed but the terrible output of earpiece volume even at top notch annoys the hell outta me.. it seems its time for a gui which decides quality vs speed or medium of both.

he he, btw just tested my music quality via enabling stereo widening and than later bass effect

result
Although stereo widening tremendously enhanced the sound quality, the increase in bass was very artificial,,basically it diminished the qualitative output just as you said..btw i checked cpu levels with stereo widening enabled and CPU hovered around 33-34% @ 250 mhz which seems to be k i guess.. isnt it? i guess high cpu usage might happen once in a while.

p.s. earpiece badly needs some boost, i can compromise a lill on speed but the terrible output of earpiece volume even at top notch annoys the hell outta me.. it seems its time for a gui which decides quality vs speed or medium of both.

The reason it's at 33%-34% is because of the other files in my patch disables most of the thing thats not needed by pulse audio, thus reducing the cpu load.

If you were to enable stereo widening without the boost patches the cpu would shoot up to near full capacity.

About gui...I would try to team up with the swappolube creator, but haven't done so yet because I constantly change the pulse audio files to change performance....whenever I think it's completely ready I'll go bother the swappolube creator.

Last edited by SavageD; 2010-12-13 at 18:39.

Posts: 1,522 | Thanked: 392 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ São Paulo, Brazil
I thought the bass was artificially dampened because the speakers would blow if it was allowed to come out pure.....