Posts: 21 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on May 2010 @ London
At random times and for no reason that I can establish my N900 Skype availability changes from Online to Busy.

When this happens I show as off line to my contacts and my contact who are on line appear to be off line and we cannot communicate.

It is easy enough to manually change my status but I need to reconnect to the wifi before my status' are correct and I can send or receive calls.

I have checked all the setting I can find on the phone but cannot see a cause for this happening. I have searched but cannot find any references to this problem so is it just me ?

Posts: 992 | Thanked: 738 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Low Earth Orbit
Maybe you or someone is logging in to your account from somewhere else and changing the status?

Originally Posted by kureyon View Post
Maybe you or someone is logging in to your account from somewhere else and changing the status?
That is worrying, password now changed.
Thanks

No I don't think its someone else logging in, i have the same problem. Randomly my skype status goes to RED/BUSY and i would have to go to availabilty via the status bar menu and just click save. Please if someone could shed some light on this problem it would be much appreciated. Thanks

Posts: 30 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Jakarta, Indonesia
In my case, even when it’s online in the Availability, but when confirming with Skype website, my status is offline. Is this normal ?

Posts: 1,522 | Thanked: 392 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ São Paulo, Brazil
Do you know if it only happens during an event on your calendar or if even without any events scheduled it still happens?

You are correct it is not someone logging in - thank goodness.

I actually loose all internet access so suspect that the reason I appear off line when this happens is due to the fact I am off line. When I open up the browser I get:
Server not found
MicroB can't find the server at www.google.com
- Check the address......etc

With the help of google I found this:
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=60832

Well I am connected to t'internet and am on line on Skype, I will see if I stay connected.
I have no idea of DNS or anything so have no idea what I have actually changed but.....

No this did not resolve the issue, any other ideas anyone ?

Posts: 992 | Thanked: 738 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Low Earth Orbit
Originally Posted by skr0 View Post
No this did not resolve the issue, any other ideas anyone ?
If your problem is seemingly caused by this:

I actually loose all internet access so suspect that the reason I appear off line when this happens is due to the fact I am off line.
Then you have to
  1. Confirm that your internet connection is indeed getting disconnected
  2. Find out why it is doing so

The Following User Says Thank You to kureyon For This Useful Post:
Thanks kureyon, I agree that is why I made the DNS changes in post #7.

I know that others have the same issue so posting my own updates to spark ideas and hopefully help other.

I have an idea, I have installed AutoDiconnect and set it not to close connections when VoIP and IM are active in a hope this will force the connection to stay open.