Posts: 889 | Thanked: 537 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ scotland
Originally Posted by bivrat View Post
"an unexpected reboot occurred. your custom setting were not loaded"
yup. it means you rebooted the phone in an unexpected way (pull the battery, system crash etc) and therefore the custom kernel settings you have chosen were not loaded, incase you were stupid enough to save as default kernel settings which may cause the phone to crash. you weren't that stupid were you? especially given that all the oc advice warns to make sure your settings are stable before saving as default it would be a really massively stupid thing to go and do now wouldn't it?

its a sad day when i can't slip at least one hitchhiker reference in somewhere.

The Following User Says Thank You to festivalnut For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by FRuMMaGe View Post
As far as I can gather from my own experience, all this means is that your phone was not shutdown properly, so to ensure it was not caused by the overclock it reverts to stock settings.

Simply reboot again properly to return be able to overclock again

but sometimes hang my phone nd after resterting show this error........

but before i m not facing this type of problem

Originally Posted by tzsm98 View Post
1- Locate x-term in your applications
2- Open X-term
3- sudo gainroot (enter)
4- kernel-config ideal (enter)
5- kernel-config limits 250 805 (enter)
6- exit x-term

This will load the ideal profile and set a lower limit of 250MHz and an upper limit of 805MHz, which should work well for many N900. I believe the Palm Pre, similar processor, is shipped at 805 MHz.
when i try step 4 nd 5
show not found

go into your application menu and press the deinstall kernel-power icon.
then do a power search and some research before attempting overclocking again, and think yourself lucky you haven't bricked your phone. you need to understand things BEFORE you do them.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to matts76 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 79 | Thanked: 47 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Devon, UK
when i try step 4 nd 5
show not found
Read the documentation, which helpfully describes how to install the necessary package.

Posts: 330 | Thanked: 483 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Norwich, UK
but sometimes hang my phone nd after resterting show this error........

but before i m not facing this type of problem
Yes your phone hanged (hung?) and you had to power off without properly shutting down (via power button menu), so your configs were not loaded.

If it has only just started doing this then you should experiment with frequencies to see which works for you. Personally I never go above 850mhz, and I leave it at stock unless I am gaming or watching flash videos (Youtube etc.).

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
Originally Posted by festivalnut View Post
yup. it means you rebooted the phone in an unexpected way (pull the battery, system crash etc) and therefore the custom kernel settings you have chosen were not loaded, incase you were stupid enough to save as default kernel settings which may cause the phone to crash. you weren't that stupid were you? especially given that all the oc advice warns to make sure your settings are stable before saving as default it would be a really massively stupid thing to go and do now wouldn't it?
Festivalnut thinks I'm stupid for setting default kernel-config settings as default. I think he's (a) stupid for calling people stupid, and (b) wrong. I have had my default kernel-config settings for about six months -- I wonder when he expects disaster to hit?

Posts: 330 | Thanked: 483 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Norwich, UK
Originally Posted by geneven View Post
Festivalnut thinks I'm stupid for setting default kernel-config settings as default. I think he's (a) stupid for calling people stupid, and (b) wrong. I have had my default kernel-config settings for about six months -- I wonder when he expects disaster to hit?
No he is saying that it would be stupid to save settings as default BEFORE ensuring they are stable. Your settings are stable so you don't have a problem, but some people may set what they think are going to be good settings but that later turn out to cause crashes, ending up in a reboot loop.

Last edited by FRuMMaGe; 2010-12-17 at 19:02.

The Following User Says Thank You to FRuMMaGe For This Useful Post:
Posts: 889 | Thanked: 537 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ scotland
Originally Posted by geneven View Post
or geneven a) didn't read it right, or b) is stupid too.

i also have custom settings saved to default. the difference is i made sure they weren't likely to cause crashes before i saved them to load at startup. i presume you did the same since i dont actually think you are stupid.

its a sad day when i can't slip at least one hitchhiker reference in somewhere.

Posts: 87 | Thanked: 46 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ lisbon, portugal
I'm also having this issue. I have tryed almost all possibilities and can't really stick to one of it.
Also, even if I reboot manually the kernel settings are not beein loaded at startup and the same messae raises "an unexpected reboot occurred. your custom setting were not loaded nokia ". (unexpected reboot?? I told-it to reboot).