Hi. I just wanted to confirm something before I went ahead and try out this script. I do not have swappolube installed, but I do have a startup script that does the same thing swappolube would. So what I wanted to know is if the risk is related to the swappolube app itself or the mods that it does? Thanks in advance!

Does this script by any chance weakens the phone signal?

uh....the script has nothing to do with the phone signal o_o...

If you have the swappolube (or it's tweaks) installed while using this script you put yourself at risk of bricking the device since both the swappolube tweaks and my tweaks run at start up, and more or less target the same areas of the n900. The result could end up in individuals having reboot loops.

All in all having the two installed at the same time is a bad idea...

@ Tiago Tiago

I'm sorry, I don't understand what you're trying to say.

Last edited by SavageD; 2010-12-17 at 03:20.

Posts: 1,522 | Thanked: 392 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ São Paulo, Brazil
I wanna know if there is any risk i'll bust my speakers if i set the bass to full volume loud music and stuff

Originally Posted by TiagoTiago View Post
I wanna know if there is any risk i'll bust my speakers if i set the bass to full volume loud music and stuff
The only risk of blowing the speakers is in editing these lines in the ihf.parmeters (speakers) file:

x-maemo.xprot.displacement = "true"
x-maemo.xprot.temperature = "true"

If you set these two xprot statements to "false", you put yourself at risk of blowing the speakers since it makes them louder....

I tried everything I could to maintain loudness without bursting the speakers but in th end it still blew. So do not try this.

There really isn't anything else that can be done to improve the bass any further.

Last edited by SavageD; 2010-12-17 at 15:05.

Posts: 1,522 | Thanked: 392 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ São Paulo, Brazil
What about that bass vs. quality setting?

Script updated.

It is faster than the previous patches, also I improved over all audio quality, particularly for the headsets...you may actually need to lower headset volume...it is much more louder and clearer.

At this point I may need a GUI so I haven't added full documentation.

Please read the first post...

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to SavageD For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,397 | Thanked: 2,126 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Dublin, Ireland
Instead of writing your own GUI, why don't you contact SwapollubleGUI author and try to mix your scripts with it?

This way, you could easily avoid the incompatibilities with Swapolluble script as they both would be controlled from the same GUI.

SavageD does audioboost.sh increase earphone volume ?

Savaged ..thank you for your time and effort...really appreciate..

can you tell me which script lowers cpu consumption when playing audio ? (while maintaing the same or better audia quality than default)

Suggestion, is there anyway you can modify the 10 band eq plughin (used on symphonie,..ect) and give us a 2 or 3 band eq with lower cpu usage? what i need is a slider to control 40-70 Hz (bass) 2k Hz (mids) 14k Hz (highs)...

tnx
nkirk