Almost every second thread now starts here with hundreds of exclamation marks and thousands of question marks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Could You please stop this????????????????????????

Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
omg!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!

poot.
Agro ... : [###-------] | Relic(s) : iPhone 4S, Atrix, Milestone, N900, N800, N95, HTC G1, Treos, Zauri, BB 9000, BB 9700, etc

Follow the MeeGo Coding Competition!

Posts: 3,790 | Thanked: 5,718 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Vienna, Austria
some time ago people wished there was a way to identify useless threads so they wouldn't wast time reading them.

the moderators come up with the idea of using !!! or ??? as a hint.

Right. . . I'm agree with benny. People save their time and using !!! and ?? sign... Nice ans benny.

work at home business opportunity

Last edited by kenton; 2011-01-08 at 07:01.

Posts: 1,062 | Thanked: 961 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Boston, MA
While we're at it... I am sick of threads titled "plzzz help" or "need help plz"

Sick of your cell signal not reconnecting after coming out of a bad signal area? Vote for this bug.

Posts: 992 | Thanked: 738 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Low Earth Orbit
@cfh11: yep, the mods should just delete those threads

Posts: 1,522 | Thanked: 392 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ São Paulo, Brazil
I dunno..................

Posts: 2,225 | Thanked: 3,822 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Florida
BT WUT IF I NEED!!!!! HELP!?!!!!>>!!!!!!!!!! hOW DO I TLL PPL SO THEY UNDERSTAND ME THAT I CANT W8 FOR HELP!>!!!!!!!!????? MY QWESTIONS ARE IMPORTANT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!

MAYEB IF THERE WAS WAY TO MAKE THREAD TITLES IN LARGE FONT AND BOLD?????????????????? YOU COULD TELL THE IMPORTANT THREADS FROM THE SPAM ONES!!!!!!?

Seriously:

It gets annoying, yes, but it's not like that problem is fixed. It's only a symptom of people asking questions answered hundreds of times; and if you start deleting that, they'll just spam PMs, and if you start limiting PMs sent, you punish legitimate users. You can correlate these things to bans, in a 10-stupid-questions-in-a-month-period-and-you're-suspended sort of way, but much like the tags-being-used-for-non-productive-snarky-comments, the more annoyed moderators get with such things, the more likely legitimate questions for which answers are really hard to find will get beaten down too.

Last edited by Mentalist Traceur; 2011-01-04 at 01:43. Reason: Forgot the actual useful part.

Posts: 992 | Thanked: 738 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Low Earth Orbit
I think new forum users should be quarantined for a period during which their posts need moderator approval before it shows up on the forum. After the user has shown they can make say 100(!) posts without problems then the quarantine is lifted

Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
and I nominate you to moderate all the trash
Agro ... : [###-------] | Relic(s) : iPhone 4S, Atrix, Milestone, N900, N800, N95, HTC G1, Treos, Zauri, BB 9000, BB 9700, etc

Follow the MeeGo Coding Competition!