Active Topics

Posts: 62 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ San Jose, Costa Rica
Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
Is resistive multi-touch on the N900?
Multi touch? You serious?

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by MamoriNoTenshi View Post
Multi touch? You serious?
Pay attention to whom I was responding to. But since you seem unable to grasp what I was saying... somebody the thread stated that multi-touch resistive existed. Which... it does.

But it does not exist on the N900. So bringing it up, in a thread about what you dislike about the N900 makes absolutely no sense.

I was being sarcastic.

Posts: 17 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ San Diego, CA USA
Nokia doesn't provide a solid OTA sync solution for email, calendar and contacts.

/thread

I was drooling this device for a year, and used tens of hours reading discussions of it. and finally got one 2 moths ago. And i love it. It definately isn't a perfect mobile, but the best for me. Actually i got into a new job, where iphone was the default for personnel, but i wanted N900...

Really, I don't want clean mobile system, without edges. I enjoy when i face a problem and get it solved, i have no problem using hours to study background of an issue. I relly appreceate the possibility to configure most everything, although i dont yet have the knowledge to do it, it is a nice feeling to know the platform does not make barriers.

I prefer the openess and manageabilty over the eye-candy and over the idea that someone else decides for me what my mobile should look like and behave.

I really hope Nokia will later rollout something equally open, hope meego will be as manageable. If not i am sure N900 will become a cult device. I am already wondering should i buy another N900 for my personal playground in case something happens to this, before they run out of stock...

however, for sure i would not recommend this device to everyone, i bet even many of the tech oriented guys would not apprecieate it... but if you dare to walk your own way ...

Last edited by pocale; 2011-01-06 at 13:44.

The Following User Says Thank You to pocale For This Useful Post:
Only that it addicts me!!!!!!!!!!

Banned | Posts: 726 | Thanked: 497 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Gravesend, UK
I dislike the fact that the N97 owns it.

:-/

joke

Posts: 1,062 | Thanked: 961 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Boston, MA
The only thing the n97 owns is the title for "biggest disgrace to the nseries brand"

Sick of your cell signal not reconnecting after coming out of a bad signal area? Vote for this bug.

The Following User Says Thank You to cfh11 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,522 | Thanked: 392 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ São Paulo, Brazil
Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
Pay attention to whom I was responding to. But since you seem unable to grasp what I was saying... somebody the thread stated that multi-touch resistive existed. Which... it does.

But it does not exist on the N900. So bringing it up, in a thread about what you dislike about the N900 makes absolutely no sense.

I was being sarcastic.
What i posted was in response to someone that said the reason the N900 didn't have multitouch was because it had a resistive screen (not in these exact words).

And in response to the question of why multitouch is needed, it is usefull for certain interface approaches, like drawing a virtual joypad on screen where the user can control both analog sticks at the same time, or press more than one button at once, and it also should help with typing faster with a virtual keyboard, 'cause you don't need to carefully time each keystroke to only start after the previous one has ended, also usefull for playing musiic siince you aren't limited to playing with a single finger at a time, and also all those fancy "gestures" like two finger dragging for scrolling, twisting for rotation, pinching for zomming etc. Basicly it is good for any situation where you would like to provide more than one touch input either at the same time or in quick succession.

WARNING: POTTY IMAGERY AHEAD

The virtual keyboard is about as good as a corn kernel stuck in my sh*t.

And duh, no compass.

cant not copy the contact from phone to sim ... wtf ???

Tags
english mf do, you speak it?