Active Topics

Thank you PSX and previous persons. The solution is working fine!

PSX- I tried your script, didn't seem to work for me. Are you sure all of the commands are the same as the ones that you tried? Spaces etc are proper?

Thanks a bunch,
Kham

Hi Kham, are you sure you've gained root access? I had installed rootfs from the App Manager before attempting this. Also which command causes it to fail? If there's no failure, check that Conversations is closed when running the commands. Also you may need to reboot afterwards to see the changes. I'm fairly sure the commands are correct...

Alex

currently experiencing the same problem and to add to that it seems that it doesn't detect my sim after rebooting it. i've read that even if i restore from the last back it wouldnt fix it?

found this on the net
"Open xterm and type rm -rf .rtcom-eventlogger to clear the corrupt database"

it fixed it but all my conversations were deleted. with the sim I inserted a paper between the battery and sim. I had this phone for almost a year now and I'm currelt becoming disappointed with everything that's happening about it.

Posts: 1,522 | Thanked: 392 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ São Paulo, Brazil
Originally Posted by PradaBrada View Post
Its not a bug, its a feature!

The Following User Says Thank You to TiagoTiago For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,522 | Thanked: 392 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ São Paulo, Brazil
Could this be related to the bug where the conversations in Conversations instead of being scrollable the hildonized way got a thin gray desktop-like scrollbar on the side?

Posts: 1,067 | Thanked: 313 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ USA
actually, use this.

it will wipe you recent calls and all conversations, but should ease your issue.

my guess is that you are also experiencing errors with scrolling left/right in email and zooming cameras.

Code:
cd .rtcom-eventlogger
mkdir keep
mv el*db keep
it will,,,if necessary, keep a copy of your bugged data...but you may as well not worry about it.

Deletion of the DB has been covered before and hopefully shouldn't be necessary.. refer to my post #40: http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...2&postcount=40

- Follow the instructions dump the conversations database and restore without the corrupt elements, thus keeping your whole conversation history.

Alex

Last edited by PSX; 2011-03-01 at 17:11. Reason: Fixed grammar

The Following User Says Thank You to PSX For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by PSX View Post
Found a workaround for this today - the problem occurs because the Headers table in the /home/user/.rtcom-eventlogger/el-v1.db becomes corrupt. Happily this is repairable, on the device:

First gain root access:
Code:
sudo gainroot
..then switch to the target directory:
Code:
cd .rtcom-eventlogger
Now dump the contents of the existing database to a raw SQL file:
Code:
sqlite3 el-v1.db .dump > el-v1.db.sql
Restore the SQL to a new database:
Code:
sqlite3 el-v1.db.new < el-v1.db.sql
You may ignore SQL errors at this stage; they occur due to corruption in the source.

Now overwrite the broken DB (you may wish to back up the original file):
Code:
cp el-v1.db.new el-v1.db
Finally, ensure that the file is owned by 'user' and is in the 'users' group so it may be read by Conversations
Code:
chown user el-v1.db
chgrp users el-v1.db
Now close and re-open your Conversations app - the changes should be immediate!

Hope this helps,

Alex

my problem solve thanks bro for ur help

Tags
misused tags, troll tags, troll thread