Active Topics

Hi,

First, thanks for great feedback.

Then some answers:

ALT GR:
I should have been more clear when I said it had been replaced with ALT,
I meant I added ALT and "ALT GR" is still available as ALT+ CTRL (try it)

I have to figure out a way to make it easier to use if you have more than one charset in use on the same computer. I will try to find out how to detect the active charset so that I can switch keymaps "on the fly" when using ALT + SHIFT. (This will be in version 2)
(Also right now the ALTGR map doesn't change with CAPS LOCK pressed.)

KEYSIZE:
The size of key area is actually bigger than the actual key. I have made them smaller to test if it is easier to hit the correct key when there is less "clutter" (smaller keys)

I can make the + / - option as it is a good idea. But we need to confirm is it only nicer looking with bigger keys or also more efficient to write. But I agree there could be a "full keyboard".

CAPS ERRORS IN US KEYMAP:
You said "majority of keys do not correspond on very top row", I have made this layout by using US keyboard layout so I can't understand how it can't correspond (I will double check)

Do you mean when you press a key with some character on the tablet and you end up having a different character in windows?

GOALS:
I will try to do better International keyboard support. The goal I will try to make is that we wont have to update the client anymore once competed and all data regarding layouts will come from the server. (I hope I can find a great way to do this)

Cheers, Tom

Posts: 193 | Thanked: 41 times | Joined on Jan 2007 @ Paia, Maui, Hawaii
Originally Posted by cobra77 View Post
I meant I added ALT and "ALT GR" is still available as ALT+ CTRL (try it)
Great, I didn't realize. In the case of the US layout the jpeg only shows the grey keys without characters. Would you, some time in the future, add the corresponding characters please?[as in the "ALT GR" jpeg I attached in my previous post]

KEYSIZE:
The size of key area is actually bigger than the actual key. I have made them smaller to test if it is easier to hit the correct key when there is less "clutter" (smaller keys)

I can make the + / - option as it is a good idea. But we need to confirm is it only nicer looking with bigger keys or also more efficient to write. But I agree there could be a "full keyboard".
From the testing I have done so far the present layout of keys works very well. Eventually adding a fullsize 'stylus' keyboard, as you concur, will be useful.[accessible via the + / - option]

CAPS ERRORS IN US KEYMAP:
You said "majority of keys do not correspond on very top row", I have made this layout by using US keyboard layout so I can't understand how it can't correspond (I will double check)

Do you mean when you press a key with some character on the tablet and you end up having a different character in windows?
Yes, that is what I meant to say; here is an exact breakdown:
US layout
Top 5 keys: most do not correspond
regular TKB \`\=]
regular XP \\/[;
shift TKB |~|+}
shift XP ||?{:

4 keys in last column: most do not correspond
[4 vertical column keys here listed left to right]
regular TKB -['/
regular XP =]'-
shift TKB _{"?
shift XP +}"_

key in row after kl and before final ' [4th row from very top - 3rd from numbers]
regular TKB ;
regular XP `
shift TKB :
shift XP ~

GOALS:
I will try to do better International keyboard support. The goal I will try to make is that we wont have to update the client anymore once competed and all data regarding layouts will come from the server. (I hope I can find a great way to do this)

Cheers, Tom
Once the above points...
US layout
- 'adding characters to greyed out AltGr keyboard'
- fixing the non-corresponding characters

[- eventual inclusion of an additional fullsize keyboard incl FN keys etc.]
... have been remedied I personally will be very happy with the TKBoard.

thanks again for all your work, Tom!

Last edited by ichmoimeyo; 2007-11-06 at 21:46.

Hi,

I have figured out how to make the layout switch as the input language changes in windows. I will make a new version during the weekend. I promise that after this version there will be no more playing with custom pictures for new layouts.

Can you post what keyboard layout you are using?
I have "English (United States)" and "Finnish" layouts.

I will make initial support for: US, Finnish and Russian
I will try to make some kind of layout generator so that you can easily create new layouts.

-Tom

Posts: 193 | Thanked: 41 times | Joined on Jan 2007 @ Paia, Maui, Hawaii
...Can you post what keyboard layout you are using?
Hi Tom:
Although I write in English, German, French & Spanish I never use any of the 'dedicated' keyboard layouts (such as "English (United States)" / "English (United Kingdom)"/ "German (Germany)" / "French (France)" / "Spanish")
I only use: United States-International
This way I can use the same layout whatever language I am typing in whilst having all the accents/special chararacters available. Here is a good explanation of how the United States-International keyboard works.
I have "English (United States)" and "Finnish" layouts.
I will make initial support for: US, Finnish and Russian
I will try to make some kind of layout generator so that you can easily create new layouts.-Tom
Thanks, that should work fine for me as I believe from a layout/program's point of view the "United States-International" & "English (United States)" are identical - certain key sequences just get interpreted differently [see attached jpegs & 'United States-International' explanation]

Keep up the good work, Tom!
cheers
Attached Images

I have made good progress on version 1.5, I think I can get it ready by the end of the week. I have also made a layout editor so now you can create new layouts for the new version. Try the editor and let me know what you think. There might be small "bugs" as I have not tested it very much but it should work OK.

As always you can download the Editor from my webpage

-Tom

Posts: 2,041 | Thanked: 1,066 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Houston
Can this work on linux on my ps3? It would be great if it works. that way i dont need to buy a bluetooth keyboard. Thanks