Originally Posted by qole View Post
bkkick: You haven't "unzipped" your image yet. It is still compressed (note the .lzma extension). Re-run the installer.
could you explian how i can unzipp the image.. thanks

Posts: 579 | Thanked: 471 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Austria
Originally Posted by bkkick View Post
could you explian how i can unzipp the image.. thanks
Re-run the installer means you should click again on the Deb Img Install icon.

Originally Posted by rebhana View Post
Re-run the installer means you should click again on the Deb Img Install icon.
I clicked on the Deb img install icon but it starts download a new deb img which i already got saved in my memory card..

Originally Posted by bkkick View Post
I clicked on the Deb img install icon but it starts download a new deb img which i already got saved in my memory card..
I have install full Easy Debian on my n900 but the Debian Chroot does not work. Everytime i try to open Debin chroot it appear an error massage as i have shown the image on the above..

Any idea how to fix it..?

Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
bkkick: If you have the compressed image file (the lzma file) on your memory card, and you run the installer, choose the same image file, and choose the same location, it will (1) check to make sure your file is good, and if it is, it will (2) decompress the file. If the file is damaged or incomplete the installer will (2) try to finish downloading the image file then (3) decompress the file.

This will take a long time. Be patient.

Posts: 915 | Thanked: 3,209 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Germany
@bkkick:
If your download of the image is complete and just the unlzma from within the ED installer failed you can also uncompress the image by invoking:
Code:
unlzma IMAGE_NAME
It might also be useful to not unlzma the image on your N900 but on your regular computer and then transfer the uncompressed image to your N900. This might be faster if you have a fast computer.

"VicUser, you are in the wrong thread; you are using the Diablo version, and you should search through and ask in the appropriate thread."

My apologies, will repost there.

for those suffering from the "installing causes reboot" problem, the following dramatically reduced the chance of a reboot for me:

1. unmout easy debian
2. fsck.ext2 <your easy debian file>
3. if step 2 produces errors go back to a previous backup that is clean, or the original image
4. install only using synaptic
5. synaptic doesn't remember your setting, so every time you start it, reset the following settings:
A. settings->preferences->GENERAL->consider recommended packages as dependencies-> UNTICK THIS
B. settings->preferences->FILES->delete downloaded packages after installation->TICK THIS , and press the DELETE CACHED PACKAGES button
C. settings->preferences->DISTRIBUTION->prefer versions from TESTING (make sure 'prefer highest version' is not set as this is what causes most reboots in my opinion
D. press OK and you should be good to go.

After you have installed some software, umount easy debian , fsck it as above and if it's clean back it up. keep doing this and when you hit some software that reboots your phone while installing, consider your easy debian installation broken and restore the last backup.

Simples:-)

Posts: 579 | Thanked: 471 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Austria
Originally Posted by leetnoob View Post
for those suffering from the "installing causes reboot" problem,
I had reboot problems only when, upgrading vom v3d to v3e, I tried to install lots of packages I wanted in one go. Doing them individually, I then didn't encounter this problem again - but of course I learnt my lesson and I do backups of images that work so that I don't have to start from square one. I'm however not using synaptic, but prefer having full control from the command line:
Code:
apt-get update
apt-get install --no-install-recommends ...
apt-get clean
To control from which distribution the packages are taken, I always edit $CHROOT/etc/apt/sources.list by hand, disable squeeze whenever there is no particular reason to have newer packages than oldstable=lenny.

The Following User Says Thank You to rebhana For This Useful Post:
really lame question: how do i chage the desktop image in easy debian? I've tried nirogen but the desktop always changes back to "press ctrl-back to return" whenever i start it again..

Tags
beta, debian, easy debian, extras-devel, fremantle, i <3 qole, squeeze