Active Topics

Closed Thread
Posts: 4,365 | Thanked: 2,467 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Australia Mate
Originally Posted by zdanee View Post
What the hell is with you people? ...
well said. nuff said.

Posts: 206 | Thanked: 205 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ London
Originally Posted by iceman358 View Post

Same as everything the CSSU team has implemented so far, it could be NOT ACTIVATED by default.
Optional is optional. That would be a good thing if it was optional.

But I wasn't criticizing the CSSU team or what they have done.

I was just talking to those that want more permanant changes. I have no problem in changes that are optional at all, as I can just turn them off. I was only referring to the permanant ones and saying nobody should be forced to have them.

Speaking of forced, how do I turn my camera shutter sounds back on then? Becuase the new CSSU camera UI took this feature away from me. Dunno about anyone else, but I like those click sounds when I take pics, how do I enable it?

Losing this is not enough for me to uninstall CSSU, but I would have liked the option of having camera sounds with the new UI updates.

So you can see my point of view

Posts: 2,473 | Thanked: 12,265 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Jerusalem, PS/IL
I would've added sounds if I could figure out which library to use (I'm mostly a Qt person...)

Oh and I'm also rewriting the battery applet in pure C/Gtk (I know there's a Python rewrite, can't use that since we'd have to pull in Python, and there's Cordia's UI-only rewrite, but that's in Vala).

The Following 25 Users Say Thank You to MohammadAG For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by MohammadAG View Post
I would've added sounds if I could figure out which library to use (I'm mostly a Qt person...)

Oh and I'm also rewriting the battery applet in pure C/Gtk (I know there's a Python rewrite, can't use that since we'd have to pull in Python, and there's Cordia's UI-only rewrite, but that's in Vala).
Will be your applet using informations from bq27x00_battery module?

I also post patch for battery desktop widget which use info from bq27x00_battery instead bme.

http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...&postcount=674

Posts: 1,637 | Thanked: 4,424 times | Joined on Apr 2009 @ Germany
Originally Posted by MohammadAG View Post
The stock camera-ui uses canberra, AFAIK.
But I never used canberra on my own, so it may take some time
until I figured out how to use it.

Nicolai

The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to nicolai For This Useful Post:
Posts: 565 | Thanked: 618 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Finland
I don't know is this CSSU related, but today all my custom status area applets disappeared for some reason.

^^ reboot, that's what i did when i lost brightness and network band shortcut

Posts: 2,829 | Thanked: 1,459 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Finland
I said this earlier but IMO this single monster thread is not how as important project like CSSU should be handled.

Separate area where there is testing and stable sticky threads for every single update and separate threads for different components of CSSU e.g. mediaplayer and modest.

Of course this is just my opinion and I do not have skills or time to say it elegantly

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to slender For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by slender View Post
I said this earlier but IMO this single monster thread is not how as important project like CSSU should be handled.

Separate area where there is testing and stable sticky threads for every single update and separate threads for different components of CSSU e.g. mediaplayer and modest.

Of course this is just my opinion and I do not have skills or time to say it elegantly
Think I have to agree here. I can appreciate wanting to keep everything in one place but its getting a tad long and might be better split out into a couple of key topics.
Agro ... : |*****-----] Relic(s) : G1, N900

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
ejasmudar once created 3 seperate threads, but people kept posting here.

Last edited by ahbarnasha; 2011-04-26 at 20:38. Reason: spoke to soon

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread

Tags
community ssu, f**k nokia, fremantle, maemo 5, nokia-who?, portrait mode, rotate, task-switcher, update, upgrade