Posts: 4,030 | Thanked: 1,633 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ nd usa
Originally Posted by Addison View Post
...All you need to do is Hotsync which takes a few seconds and instant success.
No.
You can ONLY do that if you already has established registration of some skycrap products. If not, they blocked you. your files will NOT transfer from PC to tablet and a screen comes up asking for "proper registration"

You probably would NOT know, I guess, you already have skycrap ALL setup, right?
And also, SmART libraries do NOT work on SD. I suspect you are using your previous installed SmART on your RAM to get 5MCC going. Anyhow, you get it working, chief, and I am now start hitting my books for tomorrow

bun

Posts: 3,811 | Thanked: 1,151 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ East Lansing, MI
You can ONLY do that if you already has established registration of some skycrap products. If not, they blocked you. your files will NOT transfer from PC to tablet and a screen comes up asking for "proper registration"
I'm not sure what you're saying on this.

It works fine for me but then again, I'm only installing the trial versions.

The skycrap are really crapy. In order to install, either a trial version or paid copy, in order to hotsync to your tablet, they ask for "proper registration". I have it, but cannot do it. Because they only allow USB hotsync to get the registration thru! I got rid of my palm treo 2 wks ago and has NO palm with me, and skycrap refused to to do wifi hotsync. I dont know how you get thru with "proper registration" other than you had previous skycrap loaded in the past. BTW, if you got the trial version, dont bother, when you need the info and do a search, it always comes back "lock"ed. This is like putting a padlock in front of the bathroom stall, they fail you when you need it the most. YACK.

The skycrap is really really locking hard, they sell you a product with serial no., you install with this serial no. and then email to them with a unique device code (unique to your PDA) to have the product 'unlock', they will then email you back a code they work ONLY on this particular PDA to unlock the product. No, thanks.

Edit: Do you have other skycrap products? I tried for 15 min with all kinds of tricks, cannot circumvent their registration. Called their tech support and wasted me another 1 hr. I want 75 min of my life back from these people.

bun

Last edited by bunanson; 2009-07-15 at 04:39.

For me to Hotsync I have to change my IP address to 192.168.1.8 like Pushwall suggested awhile back.

When I install a Skyscape app, since I'm not online at the moment, it warns me that I won't be able to get updates for it.

Well, no problem.

I continue on and everything is fine on my end.

Hope that answers your question.

Well, have a good night.

Last edited by Addison; 2009-07-15 at 08:45.

Originally Posted by asyik View Post
has anybody tried UpToDate yet?
UpToDate requires HTM and JAR format support.

Is this possible to do through Garnet VM?

Posts: 2,355 | Thanked: 5,249 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ Barcelona
Originally Posted by Addison View Post
UpToDate requires HTM and JAR format support.

Is this possible to do through Garnet VM?
Seen you posting on Brighthand

I don't know what you mean with "HTM" and "JAR" format support, but hope you know that:
HTM is HTML, so mostly a no-go in Garnet (doubt Blazer 3/4 works, which is the one with the widget library AFAIK).

JAR is Java application; there is only one "modern" VM for PalmOS (the IBM J9); it would be interesting to test if it works on GVM. Probably doesn't.

The Following User Says Thank You to javispedro For This Useful Post:
Yeah, I've been wasting most of my free day looking for a solution on this.

Should have gotten drunk instead. *lol*

Well, this is about as far as I can get without receiving some kind of extra help from someone on getting this to run. By the way, UpToDate is a fairly chunky, 1.8 Gig application.

At the very least, I got it properly installed on my Ipaq today so my day wasn't completely wasted.

It sure would be nice though to know if this is 100% impossible to do or not through Garnet. If it can't be done, I'll be heading off to the liquor store right now.

Last edited by Addison; 2009-08-03 at 01:10.

Posts: 1,213 | Thanked: 356 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ California and Virginia
Originally Posted by javispedro View Post
JAR is Java application; there is only one "modern" VM for PalmOS (the IBM J9); it would be interesting to test if it works on GVM. Probably doesn't.
AFAIK, it does not. I tried to install Opera = fail.

www.ezschool.com - The best online educational experience.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Thesandlord For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by javispedro View Post
...JAR is Java application; there is only one "modern" VM for PalmOS (the IBM J9); it would be interesting to test if it works on GVM. Probably doesn't.
No, been there.

bun

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bunanson For This Useful Post:
Okay.

If PalmOS JVM 5.7.2 can't be installed properly, I'll give up on the chase of this.

Would have been nice to see it working though.

Tags
garnet, palm