Posts: 124 | Thanked: 47 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Northern DFW
I'm not positive that a web browser installs by default on each environment. Have you installed one yourself? You might try to get epiphany or iceweasel via apt and try again.
Which environment did you choose when you installed? (nit-env-stskeeps, nit-env-gnome, etc)?

Posts: 1,671 | Thanked: 11,478 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Warsaw, Poland
nit-env-stskeeps doesn't install a webbrowser automatically.. but then again, in beta1 which I'm working on right now, nit-env-stskeeps is gone

http://trac.tspre.org/projects/deble...trunk/packages if you're wondering what goes on in Deblet world right now - and the temporary repository location i use, http://trac.tspre.org/deblet/
As you go on to other communities, remember to build them around politeness, respect, trust and humility. Be wary of poisonous people and deal with them before they end up killing your community.. Seen it happen to too many IRC channels, forums, open source projects.

I installed nit-env-stskeeps. how to I go about installing a browser?

Thanks guys for your help.

Posts: 607 | Thanked: 296 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Finland
goto root term and run:

apt-get update

then

apt-get install epiphany-browser

To install epiphany web-browser

It would be nice to have "retry" option in deblet-installer.
If my internet-connection has lost, it is not fun to fail "apt-get update" in the middle of install

Posts: 1,671 | Thanked: 11,478 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Warsaw, Poland
Originally Posted by meizirkki View Post
It would be nice to have "retry" option in deblet-installer.
If my internet-connection has lost, it is not fun to fail "apt-get update" in the middle of install
Yeah, I added that in latest installer SVN (not in .deb yet) - it retries when apt-get -d install fails. (It should probably be a "Abort, Retry, Help!" dialog so it doesn't go on and on..

I can't make debootstrap do it sanely since for some bloody weird reason, "Unable to download package" is a bloody warning.
As you go on to other communities, remember to build them around politeness, respect, trust and humility. Be wary of poisonous people and deal with them before they end up killing your community.. Seen it happen to too many IRC channels, forums, open source projects.

Last edited by Stskeeps; 2008-09-18 at 13:32.

Posts: 607 | Thanked: 296 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Finland
okay, thanks!

deblet-installer 1.2-8
bootmenu 1.1-3

installed to a file yesterday on the external card on an n810. the install finished successfully and left a nice new item file in /etc/bootmenu.d/

either i missed a prompt or the installer didn't refresh_bootmenu.d.

refreshed bootmenu and found myself with a boot to image file on internal flash option in the menu, but had the issue i've seen noted in the thread a few times where the loading screen comes up and then reboots to internal flash.

took a look at the item file in bootmenu.d, changed the ITEM_DEVICE from ${INT_CARD}p1 to mmcblk0p1, reflashed, and got it working.

I'm sure I missed a step, but posting this so the next person will hopefully have an easier time figuring out the woes

--francois

Hi,

hi suppose you're using nit-env-stskeeps. In default install there isn't any browser installed. Open a terminal, become root and run either / or both of:

a) apt-get install iceweasel
b) apt-get install epiphany

This will solve it :-)

C YA,
Glasswalker

Edit: you should not read, leave the computer and the reoly to a posting *lol*
edit2: damn.. too early in the morning... didn't notice I wasn't on the last page of the thread *head....table*

Last edited by Glasswalker; 2008-09-25 at 04:06.

Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
Or, even better, apt-get install midori

..wooo! fast fast fast

Originally Posted by Glasswalker View Post
a) apt-get install iceweasel
b) apt-get install epiphany
I believe you want epiphany-browser ... epiphany is some crappy game in the debian repo's IIRC.
pyRadio - Pandora Radio on your N900, N810 or N800!

The Following User Says Thank You to fatalsaint For This Useful Post:

Tags
debian, deblet, deblet bootmenu installer