Notices

Posts: 855 | Thanked: 612 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Germany
Originally Posted by iscio View Post
@Alfred in the first post I'll try the script by woody14619 or your? thanks
The first post explains everything about my own script. although i personally prefer woody's...

No backup more, if you want to reset everything back to normal, just choose another theme from desktop, and then again the theme you want. Everything will be back after a restart.

I changed the theme many times but I didn't found my previous lock screen

@woody14619 I have some problems:
- I use wifi switcher or advanced interface switcher to diasble wifi and when I use your script there is this error: ifconfig : wlan0: error fetching interface information: Device not found. I have to turn on wifi and so it works.
- When there is no wifi I am not able to update weather, I updated yesterday at 7:30 and this morning it doesn't update, I have to change checkint to 0 and it updates
- and at the last I think it could be usefull to have the data about forecast

Last edited by iscio; 2011-06-20 at 06:33.

Originally Posted by J4ZZ View Post
Thanks for the script but I want to have the weather updated in background that's why I tried alarmed.

Just tried it, and now my hildon-home is at 100% cpu.
I have the same problem

Posts: 1,455 | Thanked: 3,309 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Rochester, NY
Originally Posted by iscio View Post
@woody14619 I have some problems:
If you edit the script involved, you'll see there are lines looking for wifi. I did this because I didn't want the script using my data plan to update weather every hour. (But if on wifi, I am fine on doing that. My wifi is unlimited, my data plan is not.)

If you want to avoid the error, you can comment out the line that looks for the wifi connection to look like this:
Code:
#wifion=`/sbin/ifconfig wlan0 | grep -i "inet addr" | wc -l`
You'll also note a comment about CHECKINT, noting that it should be changed to 0 if you want to update on 2G/3G every time. That's as designed.

As for the last bit, it does try to get the status from Yahoo and update it. I've noted a couple times that mine has lost that information. I think there may be a parsing issue where they're using their delimited in a quoted string. The script doesn't parse the data quite the same way a web browser does, so it gets confused by that. If I get a chance I'll try to fix it, but it's low priority right now, as I have 50 things going on at once in my life.

ok I'll could add a # to wifion but I'd prefer to check wifi when it is on and not to check wifi when I disable it by advanced interface switcher. Is it possible?

I read the comment about 0 to CHECKINT but I'd like to update every 6 hours but it seems not to update...I'll test it again.

What about cpu? any idea?

It should update every 6 hours (or whatever CHECKINT is set to) even if wifi is off. The error it's generating shouldn't stop the script. It should continue on. It's just making noises to let you know something failed, but it should keep going.

As for the CPU, I don't know. I use QueenBee Widget to update mine, and that works well. I know others had issues with it because it was an old (pre PR1.3) version running on PR1.3. The script doesn't interact with hildon-home at all, though QBW and alarmd do I think. Either way, if it were the script causing the issue it would be eatting CPU, not either of those two.

this is the error when I have wifi disabled bt AIS and the script doesn't update the values
Attached Images

any news about wifi error?

could you give me an explanation? I use CHECKINT=21600 but my screen is updated every 2/3 hours....Is it corrected my file?
Attached Files
File Type: zip weather.zip (2.0 KB, 72 views)

Last edited by iscio; 2011-06-23 at 13:41.

If you set CHECKINT to 0, in the one you posted above, it will update every time you call it.

I don't have a lot of time to debug issues with this right now. My real job is taking up quite a bit of time, and with vacation season upon us, I have some time critical tasks that need to be done before people start to leave on holiday.

This is all pretty basic shell scripting. There are lots of "Learn shell scripting in 20 hours" types of books out there you can get and be working on this on your own in a day or two.