Notices

Closed Thread
Posts: 67 | Thanked: 28 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Switzerland
Originally Posted by ifti View Post
Python-imaging

Python-evolution

Python-conic

missing
Try to install it from extras-devel using the application manager, this will take care of dependencies automatically. But please read the warnings about extras-devel in the wiki.

Originally Posted by frals View Post
@KevinSass: Like slender said - send me the log please

0.7.2 released!
It says that it's to long for a PM....
Du you have an email?
or can you write me so i'll get your mail

Info@KevinSass.com

thanks

ive managed to install it

frals have you looked at my log, i have 4 messages i want to see but they dont open.

Just installed and is working perfect on my N900 with the Norwegian Telenor MMS settings!

Only thing im noticing is that the timestamp for when the message is sent is a bit off. Nothing that bugs me though. And one time my sent MMS didnt get to my girlfriends phone. The other times before and after worked like a charm!

So thanks Frals

Posts: 5,339 | Thanked: 4,133 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Israel
Hi frals.
Can you add please the option for choice a multiple contacts from the a-book ? For sending one mms for a couple of contacts.
Thanks

Originally Posted by oxpo View Post
The update of fmms to ver 0.7 is about 96 kB, so it will not take hours to install. With latest firmware I'm talking about ver 1.1.1 that was released in february (if I remember correctly).

You have the built-in backup program in N900, that you can use. I think it saves a list of installed applications, to make an easy reinstall of programs installed (don't shoot me if this isn't right. I never had to recover any of my backup. Knock on wood)

/oxpo
i have only updated once since i got my n900 nov 28th. i didnt use the back up feature but every thing was saved accept for actuall applications. then i had to search for hrs because soem of the repo's were down. but i found these mirrors. called spejo. not sure how they work but i was able to retrieve all of my old applications. i think my prob was because maemo.org was going through maintenance at the time. i could be wrong. my internal memory is almost maxed but i will try the back up feature. if i do it and it doesnt work. do you think you could help me if i have to track down all my applications again and they are no longer avialable via app manager or maemo.org?

the first fmms i downloaded woudl receive mms but it would not send. now i am up to version 0.7.1 and cant even receive them nowi kept all the settings the same. any ideas?

Posts: 49 | Thanked: 15 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Scotland
Originally Posted by oweng View Post
as i don't want to take advantage of Frals time and effort I was wondering if anyone in the UK on vodafone could give me a hand with this.

to the best of my knowledge I have configured the MMS APN using fAPN, adding wap address, user name, password, proxy and port details.

I have also configured settings in fMMS http://mms.vodafone........ etc etc

added my number and the resize, set the correct APN to use....

out of ideas
oweng, I'm with Vodafone UK and not managed to get MMS (fMMS) working, yet. I've just upgraded to V 0.7.2 and will keep trying, but from the error in the log it appears to be a VF problem:

e.g.
2010-04-16 18:19:39,342 fmms.wappushhandler: MMSC RESPONDED: {'Response-Text': 'Unable To Send', 'MMS-Version': '1.0', 'Response-Status': 'Error-service-denied', 'Message-ID': 'KpzIS8YSG4KRSAAAsAt44l-GAAAAAAAA'}

...what is you log showing ?

Is anyone successfully using fMMS on Vodafone(UK) with a N900 supplied with a new SIM (i.e. the SIM has not been taken from a phone which used MMS)

Posts: 47 | Thanked: 29 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Leicester - United Kingdom
hey all, I made a video guide back in January about this application but recently decided to re-make it because of the recent updates, so thought it might be useful for you all:
http://mynokiablog.com/2010/01/24/n9...ms-using-fmms/
Short link: http://wp.me/p73J2-1Qt

Note: Video shows unsuccessful havoc mode attempt but with the latest version 0.7.2 I was able to successfully send and receive a message in havoc mode. But if you want to edge on the side of caution, I'd recommend most people just use rude mode.

Enjoy!

Last edited by llaadd; 2010-04-16 at 21:53.

The Following User Says Thank You to llaadd For This Useful Post:
well would you believe it afer 5 phone calls since wednesday, I spent an hour in a vodafone store over lunch to eventually find out that vodafone had barred mms on my account. noone could tell me why...

so frals, great news fmms works perfectly!

Originally Posted by frals View Post
Yes, it's possible - and since you can browse using it settings should be fine. Give Vodafone another call and tell them the MMSC is rejecting you

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to oweng For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread

Tags
application, community win, fmms, frals rocks, fralsvsnokia1-0, fremantle, maemo, maemo 5, mms, n900, python