Posts: 52 | Thanked: 33 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Poland, Tricity
Hard coded user agents might have been wrong, but with the ability to choose from hard coded user agents, also using custom user agent (in opera:config) was taken away. And this is also one of the features of desktop Opera (see e.g. Set Custom User-Agent String in Opera 12 - browser fame). So it seems our Opera was partially reverted to 11.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to eccenux For This Useful Post:
Thanks to TMavica, I am good to go with version 12.0.2.! The mobile user agents in this version work better than they do in 12.0.06, so the mobile-friendly versions of websites like Gizmodo and Youtube are more accessible.

There is a question about Youtube, though, that remains. If you access m.youtube.com using Opera and play a video, then on my device, it plays on a purple-themed native videoplayer that has a button on the bottom left that opens the video gallery. If you access the same site using the N9's native browser, then the video plays in a videoplayer with a deep electric blue theme of much higher playback quality.

Do other people get this result? Can we adjust some setting somewhere, so that all videos play on the better player?

The Following User Says Thank You to Hacker For This Useful Post:
Has there been any movement on getting the N9 keyboard (Swype) working with Opera?
Everything else is perfect AFAIC but would love to have Swype.

no and i also hate opera's keyboard...

Originally Posted by Bob_B View Post
Has there been any movement on getting the N9 keyboard (Swype) working with Opera?
once n9's native vkb implemented successfully, swype and everything else will be possible..and will make Opera for N9 perfect =)

Originally Posted by Bob_B View Post
Id love that too!

So is the hope of using the Swype keyboard on Opera dead? The stock browser is not cutting it anymore for me. I love Opera except for it's terrible KB.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lancewex For This Useful Post: