Notices

Originally Posted by Corso85 View Post
Did you leave a disc inside the PS3? there has to be an original PS3 game in there at all times.
yep i left god of war collection in there but i still get that message

although DrMarko did bring up something interesting, maybe i have the same problem?

also my backup of uncharted 2 did get a FWRITE FAIL at 80% but continued backing up normally anyway, that could be the problem too

im gonna try backing up god of war collection now since uncharted 2 took way to long

i'll keep you posted

Originally Posted by DrMarko View Post
Hi all,

i take this chance to introduce myself to the community.

Thanks to all of you for making this possible (and obv special thanks to KaKaRoTo).

I have a small question.

I have the Power Kernel, all is working correctly.

I only need to know this: is psfreedom.ko i downloaded in the first page already the one patched with the backups loading enabled?

Thanks

Marco
Good Question. MohammadAG did not specify in his post........but you can check by opening it in a hex editor. I'm not near a PC that has one at the moment.

Originally Posted by DACHIGGA View Post
Just make sure you edit the psfreedom.ko.
You need to to change dev_xxxx to dev_bdvd using a hex editor
This isn't mentioned in the (otherwise very informative) first post.
Why is this necessary and what happens if one doesn't do it?

Originally Posted by maxximuscool View Post
aghhh I'm getting this: when i type
sudo ./psfreedom-disable.sh

ERROR: Module psfreedom is in use
FATAL: Error inserting g_file_storage (lib/modules/2.6.28-omap1/g_file_storage.ko): Device or resource busy
since you're trying to disable, am guessing it enabled fine? Is the N900 still connected to anything?

Originally Posted by Ezel View Post
This isn't mentioned in the (otherwise very informative) first post.
Why is this necessary and what happens if one doesn't do it?
That is because the one in the link in the first post is patched already. The one am not sure is patched is the Power Kernel one.

Originally Posted by silvacrest View Post
yep i left god of war collection in there but i still get that message

although DrMarko did bring up something interesting, maybe i have the same problem?

also my backup of uncharted 2 did get a FWRITE FAIL at 80% but continued backing up normally anyway, that could be the problem too

im gonna try backing up god of war collection now since uncharted 2 took way to long

i'll keep you posted

If you get the error, that means:

1. You're backing up to the internal drive and it ran out of space
2. You're backing up to an external drive, and it ran out of space or the Game has single files larger than 4GB which does not work with FAT32 systems of external drives.

In both cases the game will not work.

Refer to the compatibility chart at the end of the OP.

Last edited by Corso85; 2010-09-05 at 12:28.

Posts: 3,664 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hamilton, New Zealand
since you're trying to disable, am guessing it enabled fine? Is the N900 still connected to anything?
enable is fine, but disable is locked.
Nothing connected. I'm just testing the command to see if it works. But can't disable it.

Originally Posted by maxximuscool View Post
enable is fine, but disable is locked.
Nothing connected. I'm just testing the command to see if it works. But can't disable it.
Weird. Give the n900 a reboot.

Posts: 3,664 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hamilton, New Zealand
And I can't see the installation packages either in my Ps3

That is because the one in the link in the first post is patched already. The one am not sure is patched is the Power Kernel one.
I have the power-kernel version from the first post and have managed to install the Stealth Backup Manager without editing the .ko and it seems to work (managed to atleast start a backup-procedure of PES2010).

But how do I know since I don't know how it should act when it doesn't :-/