Notices

Posts: 1,283 | Thanked: 370 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ South Florida
Hi epage,
With every update things get better, Thanx!

I an device contacts centric. I won't keep my contacts with Google. I manage them with Outlook for backup on my PC. I have info in my contacts I wouldn't risk online with Google or Yahoo. I've always kept them on my PDA and Laptop for security and peace of mind not having to worry about someone else's backups. I have used the same db from 1998 basically.

So integration with the N900 contacts is important to me. I don't know how many people function with a similar m.o., just thought I would voice my scenario why N900 contacts is where I;m at.

Posts: 968 | Thanked: 974 times | Joined on Nov 2008 @ Ohio
I'll sign in later and vote for these, just wanted to say that if both these get fixed, I think it would work very well for my use case.

No problem about GV for my wife, I could set it up for her, but if she figured it out, she'd probably block all my calls

Originally Posted by epage View Post
I assume you are on Maemo 4.1 since you had contacts before? I have not yet verified 0.7.1 on Maemo 4.1.

I wonder if you are hitting the same issue as mrdally204. Is it the button for "chat" is grayed out? is startup time for "chat" slow?
Yep Maemo 4.1.
Well this morning it was the "chat" button greyed out. Now it's Chat will open but I can't send any message.
Boot from MMC
Gpodder Cache on MMC
MTube Cache on MMC
Mugen 1800mAh Battery
Addesso USB rollup keyboard
Solio Solar Charger
Holux GPSlim GPS

N810
community SSU
Turbo Diablo
8GB external
Boot from Internal SD
Still no GPS Fix.

N900
Stock
32GB
Many Solar Chargers (Saved bacon during Sandy!)
Inland ProHT BT keyboard
What's this? A GPS Fix? Wowwwwwww

Posts: 1,684 | Thanked: 1,562 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Austin, TX
Originally Posted by sondjata View Post
Yep Maemo 4.1.
Well this morning it was the "chat" button greyed out. Now it's Chat will open but I can't send any message.
If it makes you feel any better, I'm now experiencing it (on Maemo 4.1 of course). Now I can go try and fix it (along with everything else)

Last edited by epage; 2010-01-28 at 01:19.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to epage For This Useful Post:
Hey epage,
I am seeing 2old accounts I created for TOR in its prealpha days. How can I delete these accounts. I do not see them listed in presence accounts but do see it in the contacts menu.

Originally Posted by epage View Post
If it makes you feel any better, I'm now experiencing it (on Maemo 4.1 of course). Now I can go try and fix it (along with everything else)
I'm suddenly feeling euphoric. :-)
Boot from MMC
Gpodder Cache on MMC
MTube Cache on MMC
Mugen 1800mAh Battery
Addesso USB rollup keyboard
Solio Solar Charger
Holux GPSlim GPS

N810
community SSU
Turbo Diablo
8GB external
Boot from Internal SD
Still no GPS Fix.

N900
Stock
32GB
Many Solar Chargers (Saved bacon during Sandy!)
Inland ProHT BT keyboard
What's this? A GPS Fix? Wowwwwwww

epage,

Using an n900: I merged my GV contacts yesterday. When my connection switched from wifi to 3g ( IM/VOIP accts restarted) all my GV were unmerged. Will this be fixed in future release? Pretty upsetting when I saw it considering taking a good amount of time merging them. Anyway, still a great app even with a minor glitch.

Originally Posted by jcg81 View Post
epage,

Using an n900: I merged my GV contacts yesterday. When my connection switched from wifi to 3g ( IM/VOIP accts restarted) all my GV were unmerged. Will this be fixed in future release? Pretty upsetting when I saw it considering taking a good amount of time merging them. Anyway, still a great app even with a minor glitch.
Please file a bug on that so it can be tracked
https://bugs.maemo.org/enter_bug.cgi...e%20One%20Ring

hey epage,
is it possible to not download the contacts. i think this is the biggest issue I see with the app so far. i would much rather go through and add the numbers to my existing contacts and use TOR as the outgoing provider and have it function as it does now.

Originally Posted by mrdally204 View Post
hey epage,
is it possible to not download the contacts. i think this is the biggest issue I see with the app so far. i would much rather go through and add the numbers to my existing contacts and use TOR as the outgoing provider and have it function as it does now.
https://bugs.maemo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=8584

Tags
google voice, maemo 4, maemo 5