I have to admit that I had my doubts about PR 1.3, but it freakin' rocks! It's blazing fast with FasterN9, N9QuickTweaks (Tweak A), and Opera v.12 as the default browser. I was overclocked to 1.375GHz on PR 1.2, but the current set up is faster and smoother.

I highly recommend that you reflash using the Flasher and Navifirm!

Hi Folks,

I may be going completely insane, but is anyone else unable to SSH into the N9 from (say) WinSCP since installing PR 1.3 ?

I'm sure this was all working on PR 1.2 ?!

Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
simples... Use n9qtweak chAnge password for both root and user then try again...it works perfectly fine here on some other people's devices who i know...

Originally Posted by thedead1440 View Post
simples... Use n9qtweak chAnge password for both root and user then try again...it works perfectly fine here on some other people's devices who i know...
That looks like a sure fire way to brick my phone...

In developer mode :

# devel-su

-> passwd=rootme

ssh user@localhost

Always returns connection refused for port 22

This worked on PR 1.2 flawlessly.

Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
nope...
install n9qtweak v8.2
use the tweak for enabling root ssh access
it will prompt to change the passwords
put whatever password u like
now ssh...

and this has been done by me 10s of times without adverse results so i don't know how u can brick your phone!!!

Originally Posted by Dinho View Post
Just connect your N9 in mass storage mode and connect to your Mac. If you have set up iPhoto to open whenever you connect a camera, your iPhoto will open and recognize that the phone has been connected. Then you simply import the photos you want or you can import all.
In my experience I have to find where I left off importing pictures and then select the new ones to import (usually the N9 pictures, over 2000) won't show up in iPhoto until they're imported, likely due to some glitch. If I don't do it that way, iPhoto imports ALL photos, even the ones that have already been imported. I wasted a lot of time fishing out the duplicates already (just like started happening with Nokia Sync), grrr...

Anyhow, it's not brainless with MassStorage mode, but it does work on OSX 10.6.8 w/a MBP. Good luck.

Posts: 1,583 | Thanked: 1,203 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Everywhere
Almost 1,5years now, and still no document-editor ?

#facepalm

Originally Posted by thedead1440 View Post
nope...
install n9qtweak v8.2
use the tweak for enabling root ssh access
it will prompt to change the passwords
put whatever password u like
now ssh...

and this has been done by me 10s of times without adverse results so i don't know how u can brick your phone!!!
I found a fix - uninstall/reinstall developer tools (boot in-between).

All good now

Thanks,
Gary

http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=79645&page=5

Posts: 704 | Thanked: 241 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Johannesburg - South Africa
Originally Posted by ibrakalifa View Post
Almost 1,5years now, and still no document-editor ?

#facepalm
Interesting indeed, how difficult is this? We'd pay for this if there was a Price-Tag on it!

Posts: 182 | Thanked: 337 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Finland
I have now problems on Web browser after I updated to 1.3.

Almost every time when I'm loading new web page I get error message "No response from web. Do you want to close the application?" (Translation from Finnish is mine, I hope you understand the idea). This happens about 2 sec after the page has been loaded! Maybe some rendering is going, but that's much more annoying. After 2 more seconds the message disappears.

Sometimes transitions between portrait/landscape are frozen too. I don't have any tweaks installed yet, so that's no problem.

Tags
bugfix-focused, dashed hopes, nokia fanbois, popcorn, pr1.3, pr1.3 party, troll alert