Notices

Posts: 132 | Thanked: 98 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ New Jersey
Everything has been posted and its working well dude. i think its lagging a lot less honestly(dropping into the task windows hardly makes it lag and it takes more open windows to make it lag. I'm back in harmony with my music! Pandora is a great DJ. The plus side is there IS a seperate Last.FM scrobbling app, but the intergrate was definitelyan added bonus(graned I never used it).

The Following User Says Thank You to The Arsonist For This Useful Post:
Yeah so I think something is broke in the web version. It shows my armel version of 2.0 pianobar as "build failed", except it clearly didn't as it's in the repository and works fine (in my limited testing).

I think I may have re-uploaded the same version before a previous one was finished maybe? I dunno.. hopefully it doesn't cause any major problems though. It does appear to be the one that gets pulled from Apt so.... *shrug*.

I saw a mafw-lastfm that says it scrobbles but that it integrates into the media framework. I'll have to play with it and see if it has a CLI call to "scrobble" the song.. if so then it might be possible to use it with the pianobar eventcmd API to "scrobble".

Meh... so much work.
pyRadio - Pandora Radio on your N900, N810 or N800!

Whatever Pandora changed seems to be pretty strange because its music selection has not been that good tonight. I keep getting a lot of weirdo cross-genre songs out of nowhere. I listen to stuff from Heavy Metal to Underground Hip-Hop. I've been listening to a Drake and a Jay-Z radio channel and I keep getting songs from 3 Doors Down, Nickelback, Disturbed, and Radiohead. No offense to those bands, but there's a time and place for everything and not everyone in my car wants to listen to that. If I'm in the mood for some bass blasting hip-hop, I don't want Three Days Grace to come blasting through my speakers when I'm cruising with my windows down. With the three channels I've checked(Immortal Technique being the third), I'm getting a lot less of artist I want to listen and lots of underground artists I've never heard of(and I'm pretty big on underground stuff). I'm going to check my metal channels and see if the same thing is happening on the other side of the spectrum. I'll be editing this shortly...

The Following User Says Thank You to The Arsonist For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by The Arsonist View Post
Whatever Pandora changed seems to be pretty strange because its music selection has not been that good tonight..
Wow... odd. I'm certainly not saying pianobar or pyPianobar is at fault.. but just to clear it may want to check if the same stuff happens in the web/flash straight from pandora?

The Following User Says Thank You to fatalsaint For This Useful Post:
WTF? Yeah its definitely doing the same thing on the website too. I just clicked Jay-Z radio and the first thing that came up was this weird throwback techno stuff by Princess Superstar, whoever the heck that is(it was a terrible song at that)...

Ok so, I just checked Sevendust Radio on the website. I did my 6 skips(since that's all they give you) and that all seemed to be fine, but that's only 7 songs...

Pandora is getting really overboard with these ads too. Whatever happened to them trying to keep these to a minimal?

[EDIT]I'm just going to start deleting some of my stations and start from scratch with these stations giving me weird results because most of the other stations seem fine(at least with this 7 song max I can check on the desktop). I'll keep you posted. I'm sure its no Pianobar problem(since I'm guessing it only fetches the songs from Pandora and plays the results). I'm just thinking whatever they changed in their API is making their results weird.

Last edited by The Arsonist; 2010-04-20 at 04:18.

Bumping my own thread to try and get more feedback from the versions in Devel before I promote to testing....

Bueller? Bueller?

Posts: 296 | Thanked: 126 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ New York City
I'll give the new version a test at some point today. Finally got updated last night (devel giving me issues).

Re: history. Couldn't that be relegated to a menu option? That would keep the clutter out of the interface.

The Following User Says Thank You to sadfist For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by sadfist View Post
Re: history. Couldn't that be relegated to a menu option? That would keep the clutter out of the interface.
But what would the menu item do? Pop up a box with the history? Can the N900 handle "popup" boxes without full screening them? Change the whole interface over a history view instead of the main view?.. etc.

Originally Posted by fatalsaint View Post
Bumping my own thread to try and get more feedback from the versions in Devel before I promote to testing....

Bueller? Bueller?
Just DL an update... The station select seems to work better (it was "over kinetic" if thats a word i guess over responsive is a better depiction of the trouble i was having). Although it still seems a little choppy in its animation.

The tired of this song option is working!

Thats all i have notices thus far. I mostly use this "app" while at home over my LAN. I have used it over 2.5g att, to varying result. I have bought in to Pandora, and they have an option on their software to swap the quality settings of the stream, is this possible to achieve?

My long term want would be; to be able to use this in conjunction with the FM transmitter while in the auto, or if in a auto with BT to use that.

Keep up the good work, and thank you for the time you have spent making this.

The Following User Says Thank You to Rapparee For This Useful Post:
Posts: 296 | Thanked: 126 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ New York City
Originally Posted by fatalsaint View Post
But what would the menu item do? Pop up a box with the history? Can the N900 handle "popup" boxes without full screening them? Change the whole interface over a history view instead of the main view?.. etc.
I kinda don't like the way Maemo does those partial screen pop-ups unless they're for menus or drop-down selection. I would think full-screen with a back arrow would work perfectly well. See my horrible sketch! Made with sketch!

EDIT: Actually, what purpose does the history serve? Is it just to see a list of what played or is there some additional functionality? A pop-up similar to the way the drop-down selection pop-ups work might be good too. That would be weird to access via a menu item though.

EDIT 2: Ok so I just fired up pyPianobar. The playlist selection is working a lot better. Couldn't where it says the album/time (text is a tad on the small side there) just be made into a button that would do the same thing but display the history?

Last edited by sadfist; 2010-04-20 at 16:44.