Active Topics

Closed Thread
Posts: 5,335 | Thanked: 8,187 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Pennsylvania, USA
sandipkrsharma's questions regarding N900 issues have been moved to their own thread, "Questions on battery life, sudo password, and rootfs space". Please continue that conversation there. Thank you.

The Following User Says Thank You to sjgadsby For This Useful Post:
Posts: 263 | Thanked: 679 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ Lyon, France
Originally Posted by YoDude View Post
Why do men have nipples?
For the same reason that drive-through ATMs have braille on the buttons.

Dave.

Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
Dave,

While we all respect your views, this isn't "Ask the Docmaster," this is "Ask the Council," and as such, you are barred from poaching questions.

But now that you've started it, you must continue. What does the male-nippple-ATM-braille actually say?

Posts: 1,559 | Thanked: 1,786 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Boston
"oh, that tickles!"

Unofficial PR1.3/Meego 1.1 FAQ

Classic example of arbitrary Nokia decision making. Couldn't just fallback to the no brainer of tagging with lat/lon if network isn't accessible, could you Nokia?
MAME: an arcade in your pocket
Accelemymote: make your accelerometer more joy-ful

Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
Oh man. Now t.m.o. moderators think they can answer questions in this thread. Since you're a moderator, Flandry, could you just change the name of this thread to something like, "Ask the Council and get answered by some random person!"

Posts: 1,559 | Thanked: 1,786 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Boston
It may come as no surprise that they only gave me dominion over Games and Off-topic and such.

Unofficial PR1.3/Meego 1.1 FAQ

Classic example of arbitrary Nokia decision making. Couldn't just fallback to the no brainer of tagging with lat/lon if network isn't accessible, could you Nokia?
MAME: an arcade in your pocket
Accelemymote: make your accelerometer more joy-ful

Posts: 263 | Thanked: 679 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ Lyon, France
Originally Posted by qole View Post
While we all respect your views, this isn't "Ask the Docmaster," this is "Ask the Council," and as such, you are barred from poaching questions.
Oooh - excuse *me*.

Originally Posted by qole View Post
But now that you've started it, you must continue. What does the male-nippple-ATM-braille actually say?
Basically, the marginal benefit is outweighed by the marginal cost.

ATM & braille: the cost of making a special production kit for drive-through ATMs without the braille keys would outweigh the benefit (which is basically zero) of not having them on there.

Men & nipples: The increased complication in the human reproductive system evolving in such a way as the males didn't have nipples and the females did outweighs any evolutionary advantage that mutation would have - thus, in the unlikely event that some combination of genetic mutations produced a nippleless male, he wouldn't have any significant evolutionary advantage & would in fact be a bit weird & unattractive - and so if every there was a nippleless man, he died an old maid with no offspring.

People, and evolutionary mutations, respond to incentives. Basic econ 101

Cheers,
Dave.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to dneary For This Useful Post:
That's better. While expanding on your original answer, you didn't answer my question, thus respecting the thread's title.

Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
Moderator, please change thread title to Qole Rules.

Posts: 149 | Thanked: 140 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ YUL
Dear council members,

I think time for words is well past behind us and it is now time for actions. I would like to know if you intend to take any step following the discussion in the tread entitled : "Cleaning N900 FUD" ?

Merci beaucoup
Thank you very much
Grazie mille

Last edited by Mandor; 2010-03-03 at 20:22. Reason: List removed

Closed Thread

Tags
council