Closed Thread
Probably sending the whole thing at once won't hurt if we explain that they can take their time to review all the questions and answer what they can.

Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Originally Posted by thedead1440 View Post
You can count me in for a little bit here and there
Thanks, that's all I've been doing, shmerl so far has done the lion's share of maintaining the docs (I think/assume), I haven't fiddled with them heavily for quite some time now.
Just PM me your Google email address, I'll lock them soon unless there's a strong argument against doing that (I got a solid rationale why I wanted to do it, but I dont think I outlined it all).

Note this discussion about the future of Sailfish UI:

https://lwn.net/Articles/527094/

The Following User Says Thank You to shmerl For This Useful Post:
Interesting table of VP8 hardware decoding / encoding support:

http://wiki.webmproject.org/hardware/arm-socs

Note that at least one ST-Ericsson SoC (NovaThor LT9540) supports both. Quite a number support at least NEON, which improves VP8 decoding. I wonder if Jolla took this in consideration.

Last edited by shmerl; 2012-12-04 at 04:32.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to shmerl For This Useful Post:

Posts: 193 | Thanked: 203 times | Joined on Jun 2012 @ Sofia, Bulgaria
https://sailfishos.org/wiki/Main_Page#Q.26A

SDK Binaries
We are improving based on the feedback we have got from the community and the SDK will be available for download in early Q1 2013. Stay tuned on these shores.
Barnabas Collins

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kollin For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by kollin View Post
https://sailfishos.org/wiki/Main_Page#Q.26A
It better bloody be "EARLY" Q1...

Originally Posted by jalyst View Post
Thoughts on this?...
Perhaps we could aim to have a 1st half (or thereabouts) sent to them by about the 11th, & a final 2nd half by about the 8th.
Originally Posted by thedead1440 View Post
Yup I think let's just go all-in send one big doc to them by 11th Dec...The earlier the better IMO...
Originally Posted by shmerl View Post
Probably sending the whole thing at once won't hurt if we explain that they can take their time to review all the questions and answer what they can.
Okay so the consensus seems to be one large clump, rather than a 2nd (final) clump around Jan 8th?
(I'm away from the 15th till about the 8th IIRC...)

Last edited by jalyst; 2012-12-10 at 05:37.

I'm OK with that.

Originally Posted by anthony_barker View Post
Favorite features of n900 <SNIP>
Originally Posted by kai_en View Post
Have anybody asked what's the default browser rendering engine? Webkit? Or maybe Opera?
Did you guys put this in the doc before it was locked, how many times do we have to explain these things?

Originally Posted by jalyst View Post
I was thinking I may lock it soon, leave it read-only (& commentable) for all with or without a direct link, & give access to those who are interested in helping with:

*Adding new content (using this thread/elsewhere, ensuring it's relevant & not already in the docs)
*Removing redundant/crap content (we must be sure of this, it's probably best to discuss here 1st)
*Answering points that already have answers (ditto)
*General formatting, grammar, punctuation etc.

Those who'd like to help can simply PM me their Google account/email* & I'd grant them access...
As for sending-off a "batch" imminently, I'm not really convinced of that, doesn't seem like a huge amount to me, I reckon Jolla/Sailfish can deal with it in one batch.
I reckon we send it in one big doc, aim for 11th Dec (2wk) or wait till new yr after most holidays are finished, say around Jan 8th? (6wk).

Night.
*if you don't have one set-up a temporary one, it's piss-easy.
Locked now, I need more people to volunteer to help please!!!
PM your Gmail address, if you don't have one create one & then I can give you editor rights.
It needs to be sent in about 24hr, & I don't have time to review/edit, I haven't reviewed it at all in the past wk+.
I'm adding those who have volunteered now....

Closed Thread

Tags
jolla, nokia-again?, not-so-open, totally closed, zipper is open