Thansk for giving me this wonderful input and information about the mplayer...but here is a link. Are you able to get this to work in kmplayer too. Tried, but only got a blank screen?
mms://straumV.nrk.no/nrk_tv_webvid03_m
mms://mms-icanal-live.online.no/nrk_tv_webvid04_m
mms://straumV.nrk.no/nrk_tv_webvid03_h
mms://mms-icanal-live.online.no/nrk_tv_webvid03_h

Thanks
Blomsten40

Posts: 4,030 | Thanked: 1,633 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ nd usa
Originally Posted by Blomsten40 View Post
Thansk for giving me this wonderful input and information about the mplayer...but here is a link. Are you able to get this to work in kmplayer too. Tried, but only got a blank screen?
mms://straumV.nrk.no/nrk_tv_webvid03_m
mms://mms-icanal-live.online.no/nrk_tv_webvid04_m
mms://straumV.nrk.no/nrk_tv_webvid03_h
mms://mms-icanal-live.online.no/nrk_tv_webvid03_h

Thanks
Blomsten40
Thanks.

straumV.nrk currently broadcast Jukboks Country video, very hi resolution and broad screen, very enjoyable. Streaming is so-so, plays 10 s, stop for 1-2 s; apparantly they are playing stars of my choice, in less than 10 min, I watched the Eagles, GarthBrook, WillieNelson with the 150 degree hot JessicaSimpson, FaithHill, not bad

mms-icanal-live is text news, text is in foreign language, while speech is in Eng.

The last 2 links are dead link.
BTW, what language are those?
Will incorp in next release version. Thanks,

bun

Last edited by bunanson; 2008-06-01 at 02:25.

Originally Posted by bunanson View Post
Thanks.

straumV.nrk currently broadcast Jukboks Country video, very hi resolution and broad screen, very enjoyable. Streaming is so-so, plays 10 s, stop for 1-2 s; apparantly they are playing stars of my choice, in less than 10 min, I watched the Eagles, GarthBrook, WillieNelson with the 150 degree hot JessicaSimpson, FaithHill, not bad

mms-icanal-live is text news, text is in foreign language, while speech is in Eng.

The last 2 links are dead link.
BTW, what language are those?
Will incorp in next release version. Thanks,

bun
I think these streams are Norwegian NRK ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NRK )

If you replace the m with l you get lower quality version
(m is medium, h is high, l is low quality stream?), such as NRK 1:

mms://mms-icanal-live.online.no/nrk_tv_webvid03_l

The _h streams work with Windows XP Mediaplayer but bitrate is
1 MBps and resolution is too high, too much for NIT, _l-streams works ok).

By the way, mms://mms-icanal-live.online.no/nrk_tv_webvid05_l
streams but I get black screen.

Originally Posted by Ism View Post
...If you replace the m with l you get lower quality version
(m is medium, h is high, l is low quality stream?), such as NRK 1:

mms://mms-icanal-live.online.no/nrk_tv_webvid03_l
I am impressed. I thought the mms source is a bunch of i and o and has no meaning. Wow, Ism, you are awesome!

Edit: The 4 links are all working on VLC in the desktop PC. The -h are very watchable. Three of them are the same channels, Jukeboks something, and the 2nd one is audio/text news. Good decipher, Ism. Thumbs up.

bun

Last edited by bunanson; 2008-06-02 at 04:38.

In the last couple of weeks, I have been playing with WorldTV99 and VideoCenter, VCURLs72. I think the WorldTV99 started with a crude version 1, with less than 20 TV stations, has since grown into a whopping 146 TV channels and now version 9. With many refinements, deleted the nonworking ones, and the not so well streaming ones, it has now become an enjoyable and watchable version. Thanks for the community inputs to make it possible.

I re-read the VCURLs72, TV channels has now become 72 USA stations (mostly). However, NOT all of them are streaming well. I still have to experiment which channel either streams well, or dl a copy and watch alright with either mplayer or the default media player. Compared to the WorldTV99, this is not a finishing product. After playing with it for several weeks, I do now have an idea which stations plays well and which streams well (I will post a summary soon). However, I have NO control over the order of the VideoCenter how to incorporate those channels. I think if one can edit the database, which is in sqlite language, then it maybe able to turn this into a more enjoyable product like the WorldTV99. Suggestions and comments, complaints and feedbacks are welcome.

Another observation. I started out with mplayer 1.0rc1-maemo.24.n8x0 with VCURLs72 and has now updated to maemo.27. In some video clips, mplayer.27 in fact renders much better than media player and I have since now use it more. And it also streamed a lot better than media player. Highly recommend to upgrade to version 27 of the mplayer.
As I am writing this, i just casually turned into CNN NowIntheNews and watched under mplayer.27, it is the smoothest rendering I have ever seen, .27 is quite superior comparing to .24 and is now my favorite player. However, one small irk from glauncher, it, sometimes does not terminate well.

bun

Last edited by bunanson; 2008-06-05 at 23:55.

Nokia quietly sneaked in 4 (3?) more Videocenter channels, in addition to the PodShow TV and Rocketboom. Has anybody noticed that?

VideoCenter>Service Catalogue: Podshow TV, Rocketboom, Break.com, Raindance TV, Rooftop Comedy and Inside Sony Pictures. However, Raindance TV installation failed "service address invalid". Dont know when this new channels were added, the other 3 have been installed successfully and I am now watching it. The Sony one has some AV sync problem.............. Break.com does NOT work with the built-in media player, you have to install mplayer to watch it. As a matter of fact, all 5 channels from Nokia, seemed to work pretty good with mplayer .27

bun

Last edited by bunanson; 2008-06-04 at 09:03.

The Following User Says Thank You to bunanson For This Useful Post:
@Ism: were you able to get raindanceTV.com going? The other 3 streamed/rendered pretty good, except that break.com is totally not compatible with media player, the Nokia default player. Interesting. And they all, 5/6, rendered well with mplayer 27. Although they render well, the 'content' is just OK materials, with break.com being crude to rude, I mean the 'content'-wise.

bun

Last edited by bunanson; 2008-06-05 at 23:53.

Originally Posted by bunanson View Post
@Ism: were you able to get raindanceTV.com going? The other 3 streamed/rendered pretty good, except that break.com is totally not compatible with media player, the Nokia default player. Interesting. And they all, 5/6, rendered well with mplayer 27.

bun
No, I got the same error message.
Raindance tv has also web page: http://raindance.tv/watch

Bunanson:
By the way, did you see this
http://tabletblog.com/2008/06/though...-podcasts.html

New intresting pods?

Last edited by Ism; 2008-06-06 at 00:11. Reason: ThoughtFix's favorite podcasts (relates)

@Ism:Thanks for the info. Two of them are audio podcast, tekzilla is from revision3.com and I cannot get DGW to work. All the stuff from revision3.com streamed very well with the format Xvid/small. Their contents are hit-and-miss. I added them anyway. After extra efforts, I finally got the ComedyCentral, the most wanted station. However, they do not render well, either streaming or dl copy. You may want to take a look and see if you have any new ideas.

Updated version of VCURLs72.db is on the other thread, http://www.internettablettalk.com/fo...d.php?t=18769; and has ComedyCentral, the most requested channel, enjoy,

bun

Last edited by bunanson; 2008-06-07 at 14:16.

Just a note about audio/video players and progs under Diablo.

Videocenter 3.032 works just fine. VCURLs72 installed just fine, just dl the primary3.db, rename to primary.db and copy in /home/user/videocenter, bang, you have 72 TV channels going in no time, and CBS Katie Couric is just as pretty under Diablo as in Chinook. The most recent additions to the VCURLs72 is ComedyCentral, however, it does NOT render well, still working on it.

And without any announcement or promotion, Nokia quietly sneaked in 4 more channels into video center catalogue, thread #17. Of the 4 new channel, one of them is not working. That makes 72+6-1 for a total of 77 channels under VCURLs72.

Media player and mplayer worked just fine. You really need the 1.0rc1-maemo.27.n8x0, the latest version. It plays much smoother then early versions.

The frontend kmplayer works fine under Diablo. So does WorldTV99. Currently under construction is an ambitious playlist file of over 1650+ channel round the world. Version 1 is a finished product, while version 5, the latest still need to iron some dead channels/dead links.
BTW, version 5 is supposed to be a complete search of ALL streaming video sites as recent as Feb07.

Finally, a new found playground for the WorldTV99, kmplayer works fine under KDE358. Midabox media center, another frontend for media player, seemed render video better than media player. Oh, it also works under Diablo.

One problem with Diablo, so far, both VideoCenter and kmplayer continue to display a warning message "Warning: using excess cpu" every now and then. A bug? A beetle? will find out.

bun

Last edited by bunanson; 2008-06-26 at 05:52.