Active Topics

man, the phone is not working at all, regardless of gsm companies.

Originally Posted by smolomiami View Post
hi do you have any problems with this phone ? i have it one week and i notice the drop calls all the time men i try to change the phone from 3g to dual mode and some thing all the time i hope still is because they upgrading the 3g network because the 3g speed is make me sick sometime i got 350kb sometimes 550kb and the first and second days i have 1mb speed before i have samsung omnia hd i8910 and was excelent never this problems i bought this phone because of 3g network but i can evan use the skype with this speed
I just bought the phone from amazon.com. I charged it to the the full before using it. the battery went almost dead in my first use approximately in 10 hours without excess usage. So i ha my first shock that how this phone is going to last in one day if i use it fully. nevertheless, then, I connected the phone to the charger at night and went to sleep. When i woke up, i wondered that why the alarm of the phone did not turn on. I checked the phone and i saw a black screen. The phone was not charging at all.

the symptoms are similar to the other people wrote here. when i connect to charger i see yellow light lit constantly, later on sometimes it start blinking and after a while it stops.

i informed amazon about that problem. they offered me two options, 1) 10% discount and keep the phone as it is 2) full refund.

overall, i have been a nokia user for 10 years. but i think this will be my last nokia phone.

actually, i suspected due to delays of the launch of N900 that something would be wrong with this phone. but i wanted it so much and took the risk and bought the phone.

now i am returning by far the worst phone that i have bought.

Posts: 208 | Thanked: 69 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ saint petersburg, fl
I have the even more plus prepaid plan. N900 works perfect with internet. I did a few speed tests and average around 3MBit. I have seen it as high as 7.8Mbit. I think they did the 11Mbit upgrade in my area already.

[QUOTE=weirdbeard;435715]I have the even more plus prepaid plan. N900 works perfect with internet. I did a few speed tests and average around 3MBit. I have seen it as high as 7.8Mbit. I think they did the 11Mbit upgrade in my area already.

no way men you know why because if you try mobilespeed test.com try 100kb test then you get your real speed if you try 500kb or 1mb 3mb 5mb test the speed is going to increase look at this i did test this is 1mb test on mobile speed test i got 2827kbps my phone is showing 3.5g now the speed test 100kb is 646kb that's the real speed witch one is unstable sometimes 850kb sometimes just 540kb the last test with http://www.speedtest.net/ is
on the picture i post also i have new sim card
Attached Images

Posts: 208 | Thanked: 69 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ saint petersburg, fl
Originally Posted by smolomiami View Post
no way men you know why because if you try mobilespeed test.com try 100kb test then you get your real speed if you try 500kb or 1mb 3mb 5mb test the speed is going to increase look at this i did test this is 1mb test on mobile speed test i got 2827kbps my phone is showing 3.5g now the speed test 100kb is 646kb that's the real speed witch one is unstable sometimes 850kb sometimes just 540kb the last test with http://www.speedtest.net/ is
on the picture i post also i have new sim card
yea, but you also havent tried downloading actual files then. I was using transmission and I downloaded a 119 MByte torrent at 160
KB/S. I did it at work where there is no wifi. I was also streaming hulu in HD tethered to my computer last night when I forgot to pay my cable bill and it was disconnected.

Ok today test, my roommate phone is htc touch pro 2 on t-mobile 3g, my phone nokia n900 t-mobile 3g my phone full signal 3.5g, htc 3g only 2 bars i end up on 680kb htc 1200kb i did this test several times and i tell you im very disappointed about the nokia n900, the htc always won, evan with not full signal, then we try the web browsers the speed was about the some when he used the one witch come with htc, than he try the skyfire so that disappointed me the most i finish always about 10seconds later on any web page when we try the speed test always won so i don't know what i do with this phone also i try skype no way i heard every second word all i thing i just have to wait until t-mobile upgrade the 3g network,also i try fm transmitter today no way i try at home than in my car than in my roommate car and nothing only way to make it work i have to be close next to the radio like 5inc and the quality of the sound is horrible useless so that's my test today

Posts: 346 | Thanked: 139 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Houston Texas
I read that with a standard prepaid card, you get unlimited T-Zones. Does that mean, if I change the APN like the Iphone people are doing with their ''hack'' that I can achieve the same?

Posts: 305 | Thanked: 71 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ 'Nam
I was going to try the sidekick data only prepaid plan but got to thinking what if it didn't work? So I got the even more plus unlimited everything plan. No use getting a 600+ phone and can't fully use it. and with t-mobile 3G its spotty just really depends on where you live. Where I stay its fine not fast as sprint but being able to talk and use data where I live is a plus for me. And long time ago when I had my monthly sidekick data only plan I used my nokia n95 8gb all the time with it no problems but never tried with the prepaid plan. I think if anybody have problems getting data to work should call 611 on the handset and they should able to fix it.

The Following User Says Thank You to Hotshot For This Useful Post:
Posts: 968 | Thanked: 974 times | Joined on Nov 2008 @ Ohio
Just a quick update for you all.

Setup my N900 on TMobile *pay as you go*. Switched to the Sidekick plan. Set the proxy to my Ubuntu box running squid.

Went to testmy.net, did the download test and got around 680kbps (about my max upload on my cable connection) with 3.5G showing.

So I can confirm prepaid works at 3G levels if using a proxy, although limit to the proxy upload.

Last edited by lemmyslender; 2009-12-25 at 18:34. Reason: re-phrased from prepaid, to pay as you go

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to lemmyslender For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,030 | Thanked: 1,633 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ nd usa
Originally Posted by lemmyslender View Post
...Setup my N900 on TMobile prepaid. Switched to the Sidekick plan. Set the proxy to my Ubuntu box running squid.

Went to testmy.net, did the download test and got around 680kbps (about my max upload on my cable connection) with 3.5G showing.
1) Did you get the 200 MB per month limit (30$) or the total internet (40$)?
2) is there any hidden fee, sign on fee, penalty if cancel befor certain day?
3) What is the "ubuntu box running squid"? Mind to give some details for a blind bun ? Thanks

bun