Posts: 2,869 | Thanked: 1,784 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Po' Bo'. PA
Originally Posted by ndi View Post
Agreed...

...I think of this as hygiene.
Then the use of the term "douche bag" in casual conversation while explaining this, might be appropriate.

SLN member # 009

His post on rdesktop and opening ports on corporate firewalls was one of the most stupid things iv ever read.

Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
I'm not sorry to say that he was an idiot. At first, he struck me as simply misinformed but whenever he whipped out his supposed credentials and insisted on being correct and never possibly being incorrect about something, he became geometrically less credible and profoundly less entertaining. SOMETIMES he verged on entertaining, but he didn't seem to know the threshold between being a funny parody and being a belligerent know-nothing.

Take that as my eulogy to a cretin. Good day.

Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
I was worried about this thread when it popped up, but so far it's turning out cute.

Originally Posted by Texrat View Post
I was worried about this thread when it popped up, but so far it's turning out cute.
Stop trolling the thread!!!

Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
You first.

Originally Posted by Texrat View Post
You first.
We can't let this thread die so soon! It's a eulogy to the absurd, now!

Posts: 3,096 | Thanked: 1,525 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Michigan, USA
There have been a lot of obnoxious annoying people here in the past, I may have even been one, but I don't ever remember anyone ever getting banned?

EDIT

I guess the spammers....
To all my Maemo friends. I will no longer be monitoring any of my threads here on a regular basis. I am no longer supporting anything I did under maemo at maemo.org. If you need some help with something you can reach me at tablethacker.com or www.facebook.com/penguinbait. I have disabled my PM's here, and removed myself from Council email and Community mailing list. There has been some fun times, see you around.

Last edited by penguinbait; 2010-01-20 at 01:14.

Posts: 1,559 | Thanked: 1,786 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Boston
I know i was requesting it. This is a community for promoting and developing Maemo; if a member of the community is actively doing the opposite, they have no business here.

Unofficial PR1.3/Meego 1.1 FAQ

Classic example of arbitrary Nokia decision making. Couldn't just fallback to the no brainer of tagging with lat/lon if network isn't accessible, could you Nokia?
MAME: an arcade in your pocket
Accelemymote: make your accelerometer more joy-ful

Posts: 162 | Thanked: 79 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Finland
Well I'm fairly fresh here, but I have to agree that the guy/gal was a 100% troll. If you're just here to bash, I doubt this is the place for you. Of course everyone should be able to post negative comments but trolling gets boring pretty quick.