Notices

Posts: 411 | Thanked: 1,105 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Europe
Originally Posted by Benson View Post
So there is an end?

And you say reaching it releases you from the addiction...

This could be quite helpful; evidently my approach of removing it from my computers was going precisely the wrong direction. No wonder I am occasionally compelled to reinstall it and play all night.
hehe, i also tried to uninstall it as its a waste of time in the end
but addiction is addiction.

there is an end: there are about 42 levels.

just a remark: there is no end in galaga:-)

Blues

Posts: 293 | Thanked: 206 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Germnay
Here we go. Its in Extras-Devel.
This Version has x as Fire-Button.
My Todo List :
- Keyboard-Locale-Problem
- Fullscreen
- Sensors

It took the whole Day to found out how to get it to extras-devel

Big big THX to ukki, who enlighten my way

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to OptX For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,559 | Thanked: 1,786 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Boston
Good work.

I see it takes joystick input so you can support accelerometer control "for free" via accelemymote if you want.

You could also grab the source:
apt-get source accelemymote
and use the bit where it calculates tilt.

Unofficial PR1.3/Meego 1.1 FAQ

Classic example of arbitrary Nokia decision making. Couldn't just fallback to the no brainer of tagging with lat/lon if network isn't accessible, could you Nokia?
MAME: an arcade in your pocket
Accelemymote: make your accelerometer more joy-ful

The Following User Says Thank You to Flandry For This Useful Post:
okay, I encountered a strange problem. While trying to install it from the application manager I end up with a broken install (not enough space in target directory). This then results in a broken Application manager. Restarting the application manger results in an empty manager, everything stays empty and it reports operation failed... Resets etc didn't work.

hmm mine installed fine ...
Maby anything gone wrong during installation ? Anybody else had this problem ?

Does anything about powermanga come up when you type dpkg -l pow* in X-Terminal ? Since this is my first port, im not that fast in changing stuff, plus im a shiftworker and have 7 Days Night in front of me . When im done with that, i will continue and hopefully fix soon more stuff, and try to get rid of this "not enough space" by linking folders.

Indeed Powermanga shows up

Do you have the option to uninstall it with app manager ? If not, go to X-Terminal and type : dpkg -r powermanga as root. This should remove powermanga. I hope this also brings back your app manager ...

Actually I couldn't.
I had to manually delete the app manager folders and recreate them. then my App manager worked again and then I could remove the partially installed Powermanga.
It's really a pity, because I would love to try it. Is powermanga optified??

powermanga went through maemo-optify, but it has still a lot of Data in places where i dont like them. Thats why i want to link the folders and move them to gain more space.
As i told, i just started that whole porting thing, so i have to look, read and search a lot atm to find out how stuff is done.
If you want to try, i could upload the deb that is in extras-devel. When extras-devel is off, you should have more space to get it installed.
I hopefully will have a new version with fixes out next week when my shift changes.

The Following User Says Thank You to OptX For This Useful Post:
Installed it trough the package manager on the phone so it's definitly working...

Had to uninstall it since i actually want my keys to last for a little longer, this isn't good for their life expectancy...

Nice effort with the port hope you get all things sorted to their place