Have you guys got a screen protector ?

I have and the camera is very dark but that is because my screen protector doesnt have a cut out for the front camera lens

The Following User Says Thank You to *Sonic* For This Useful Post:
Posts: 820 | Thanked: 436 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Portsmouth, UK.
Sounds like we need to work out the gamma property.

The Following User Says Thank You to James_Littler For This Useful Post:
Posts: 172 | Thanked: 160 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Sweden
I googled for gst-launch gamma and i found to set gamma you use "gamma gamma=value" like

gst-launch v4l2src device=/dev/video1 ! ffmpegcolorspace ! videobalance brightness=0.5 contrast=1.2 ! gamma gamma=0.5 ! autovideosink

It do change something but.. you still look like the exorcist in night vision.

The Following User Says Thank You to antezz For This Useful Post:
Posts: 39 | Thanked: 19 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Piraeus Greece
Originally Posted by antezz View Post
I googled for gst-launch gamma and i found to set gamma you use "gamma gamma=value" like

gst-launch v4l2src device=/dev/video1 ! ffmpegcolorspace ! videobalance brightness=0.5 contrast=1.2 ! gamma gamma=0.5 ! autovideosink

It do change something but.. you still look like the exorcist in night vision.
Hahahaha!!!Nice one!!Btw i ll try me too and post back!!

PS. Seems like the values doesnt changed at all...I mean that when i changed the values i can see the results in the gst-launch window but with the miiror app. all remain the same.

-*Sonic* i have a screen protector but with a cut out for the front camera.

I have a similar issue on my primary camera. it is very dark and yellowy and flash has stopped working. I updated my kernel to Titan's 46 and newest drivers for fcam from Devel to solve Operation Failed issue. Cam works now but images are terrible.

Posts: 1,522 | Thanked: 392 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ São Paulo, Brazil
Skype seems to know how to play with the camera in mine, other programs just grabs the image in whatever state the camera was left (bad if i didn't try a skype video call, and better if i did); there still some issues like slight green vignetting and hot pixels, but that is nothing compared to what it is like when Skype hasn't touched it, without the tweaks its pretty much unusable.

The Following User Says Thank You to TiagoTiago For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,994 | Thanked: 3,342 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ N900: Battery low. N950: torx 4 re-used once and fine; SIM port torn apart
Originally Posted by Cybergr View Post
PS. Seems like the values doesnt changed at all...I mean that when i changed the values i can see the results in the gst-launch window but with the miiror app. all remain the same.
Yes, of course, this command changes values only for this particular gst-launch, not for other applications, not permanently. This command can be replacement for mirror app, but nothing more.

Try using the front camera in bright sunny cloudless day.

Tags
front camera